Multistrike primary link options

I've thought in using multistrike combined with double strike. So how does this combine? I know that multistrike can feel clumsy on certain attacks.

What is primary attack that goes well with it?

I will use high speed weapon ofc.

IGN STD Ajax_Deadeye| Nathaniel_Corwin| Itane_Shira| Tetra_Mayani| Arkanis_Gath
[Build] TK's CoC Crit Shadow aka THE WELDER /view-thread/787487
[Shop] TK's Adventurers Pawnshop /view-thread/570071
Last edited by Thorien_Kell on Jan 7, 2014, 3:31:22 AM
:::EDIT:::

In meantime I've tested it and it works fine with most primary attacks. high speed weapon helps too. H. strike is not that great because of knockback. Aoe attacks like g.slam are good bet.

Another question; Is LoH bonus applied every time weapon strikes, even when you have double strike/multistrike combined? +Splash? Elemental damage from jewelry etc. too?
nobody? rly?
[corrected edition]
"
I've thought in using multistrike combined with double strike. So how does this combine?

It will make 6 hits instead of just two. Multistrike doubles your atk speed (more) and gives a 36% less dmg penalty in return and also makes you hit 3 times more per skill used.
Double strike does 70% of your attack dmg twice, so:

0.70 x 0.64 = 0.448% of your attack damage six times per use of the skill.

"
What is primary attack that goes well with it?

Elemental attacks are better than physical, I think. With physical attacks it can sometimes reduce your overall dmg because of how armour works: the bigger the hit, the bigger the damage.

Damage Reduction Factor = Armour / ( Armour + (12 * Damage) )

Although i'm not sure about how much armour monsters have.

My first choice is Lightning Strike (shock staks with crit).

"

Another question; Is LoH bonus applied every time weapon strikes, even when you have double strike/multistrike combined? +Splash? Elemental damage from jewelry etc. too?

Yes, everything together. Melee splash will decrease your single target dmg even more...[/corrected edition]
Last edited by KieranGravebane on Jan 7, 2014, 8:13:30 PM
"
"
I've thought in using multistrike combined with double strike. So how does this combine?

It will make 4 hits instead of just two. Multistrike doubles your atk speed (more) and gives a 36% less dmg penalty in return and also makes you hit 2 more times.
No. Multistrike makes you repeat the attack two more times. Since each doublestrike attack has two hits, you hit 6 times with doublestrike supported by multistrike.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
No. Multistrike makes you repeat the attack two more times. Since each doublestrike attack has two hits, you hit 6 times with doublestrike supported by multistrike.

Wow, I didn't know. I thought it was that way because in the skill desciption, it says:
"Supported melee attack repeats two additional times".

Well, sorry. :/
And thank you, Mark. :)

It must be something like this, then:
0.70 x 0.64 = 0,448
You will deal 0,448% of your total attack damage six times per use of the skill with 207% of your total attack speed with multistrike at level 20 (188% at level one).
Another thing to consider is when you use Multistrike(MS) on reflect mobs/maps:

With double strike you land 6 small hits which all get reflected back to your armor. With let's say Heavy strike you land 3 big hits which also reflect back to your armor, but this time dealing much greater amount of damage back if you are not quite high on armor.

I have about 20k total DPS (physical dmg + hatred aura) and about 4-5k armor scion that does not particularly feel bad on reflect maps. A friend of mine (after 6-linking a high DPS maul) with similar total DPS and armor, but using heavy strike killed himself after 2 attacks (6 hits) on reflect mob due to armor piercing by high physical damage.

With elemental dmg/reflect it's quite the same in both cases.
Yes you're right, bigger chunks of damage penetrate armor but it works both ways.

Same is for small damage - it gets migitated more on mobs (iirc number around 800 armor on certain mobs was mentioned somewhere) but on your's armor as well.

Thanks guys, you were helpful.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info