reflect mechanics VS evasion,blocking,acrobatics

Assuming I am not using lions or RT.

If I have 2000 accuracy, 6000 evasion, 30% block, 30% dodge from acrobatics, and using ondars guile.

If I use an attack and it gets reflected. What order are my defenses rolled to determine if I am able to successfully 'block' or 'evade' or 'dodge' the reflected attack?

Also, is it all multiplicative with each other so my final chance to avoid the reflected attack some ridiculous high number?
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Jan 1, 2014, 7:22:14 PM
There is an order, but it doesn't matter because they will be multiplicative with each other.

Your chance to hit yourself will be 100 X (1-(whatever the chance to evade is for 2k accuracy vs 6k evasion)X2 (Ondar's guile)) X .7 (acrobatics) X .7 (block). Answer will a % chance you will hit yourself.

Edit: Order does matter for how often you will get stunned, but shouldn't come up for reflect.
Last edited by Gravethought on Jan 1, 2014, 7:33:39 PM
The order is:
Evasion -> dodge -> block

"
Gravethought wrote:
There is an order, but it doesn't matter because they will be multiplicative with each other.

It doesn't matter for determining the probability of avoiding damage from an attack, but there are other things that make the order relevant. The order of evasion is relevant due to entropy, and the order of block is relevant due to stuns and on-block effects.
Last edited by Daniel_GGG on Jan 1, 2014, 7:36:56 PM
The order is relevant since a blocked attack can put you in the block stun animation. Good to know it comes last, which is best case scenario.
"
Gravethought wrote:
...whatever the chance to evade is for 2k accuracy vs 6k evasion...


And what would this be?

So, if I have 50% evasion before OG, does this mean I can't be hit by my own reflected projectiles (i.e. ST)? What if I have a chance to hit of 90% @ 1000 accuracy? Any bearing at all on that?

Cheers,
A.
"
Altissimus wrote:
"
Gravethought wrote:
...whatever the chance to evade is for 2k accuracy vs 6k evasion...


And what would this be?

So, if I have 50% evasion before OG, does this mean I can't be hit by my own reflected projectiles (i.e. ST)? What if I have a chance to hit of 90% @ 1000 accuracy? Any bearing at all on that?

Cheers,
A.
50% chance to evade mobs does not equate to 50% change to evade yourself, as mobs usually have less accuracy than players. Same goes for chance to hit as mobs usually have less evasion than players(who stack evasion). Ondars Guile cannot take you over the 95% evasion cap.
"so you can see who has more PvPenis" - Chris Wilson
Last edited by Dizrupt on Jan 1, 2014, 8:06:51 PM
"
Altissimus wrote:
"
Gravethought wrote:
...whatever the chance to evade is for 2k accuracy vs 6k evasion...


And what would this be?

~29.6% against a projectile attack with Ondar's Guile. Otherwise, ~14.8%.
"
Dizrupt wrote:
50% chance to evade mobs does not equate to 50% change to evade yourself, as mobs usually have less accuracy than players. Same goes for chance to hit as mobs usually have less evasion than players(who stack evasion).


Those two statements would appear on the face of it to cancel each other out.

From a base evasion of 50% and chance to hit of 90%, what chance to evade reflection would you estimate? Roughly?

Cheers,
A
"
Daniel_GGG wrote:
"
Altissimus wrote:
"
Gravethought wrote:
...whatever the chance to evade is for 2k accuracy vs 6k evasion...


And what would this be?

~29.6% against a projectile attack with Ondar's Guile. Otherwise, ~14.8%.


Thanks :) Please cut-and-paste lines of code that show this calculation ;)

Seriously...is there a formula that you can share on this?

Cheers
A
Not code, but the formula is:
Chance to Evade = 1 - Attacker's Accuracy / (Attacker's Accuracy + (Defender's Evasion / 4) ^ 0.8)
Last edited by Daniel_GGG on Jan 1, 2014, 8:26:05 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info