Wheel of the Stormsail + necromantic aegis

This item gives 30% rarity to my minions if I use necromantic aegis. Whatever they kill, they have 30% iir.

But what if I get the killing blow?
Minions use your IIR, I think the 30IIR is completly lost when using Necromantic Aegis.(whether u or your minions get the killing blow)
Last edited by SlayerII on Dec 29, 2013, 7:17:08 AM
When a Minion scores a kill, they add your IIQ/R to their own, and the total is used.

When you kill a monster and have NA, you don't have the Shield's stats, so the IIR does not apply.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
When a Minion scores a kill, they add your IIQ/R to their own, and the total is used.
This is not the case with IIQ/IIR from a shield with NA.
Minions having base IIQ/IIR doesn't work - only one entity can be the beneficiary of the kill and apply their IIQ/IIR, and with minions that's you, not them. Their hits apply IIQ/IIR from the support gems, which are an on hit effect, but giving base IIQ/IIR to a minion via NA will do nothing.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Vipermagi wrote:
This is not the case with IIQ/IIR from a shield with NA.
Minions having base IIQ/IIR doesn't work - only one entity can be the beneficiary of the kill and apply their IIQ/IIR, and with minions that's you, not them. Their hits apply IIQ/IIR from the support gems, which are an on hit effect, but giving base IIQ/IIR to a minion via NA will do nothing.

That was a bit confusing, so wheel of the stormsail + NA is useless?
"
woodyfly wrote:

That was a bit confusing, so wheel of the stormsail + NA is useless?

Yup, better drop NA or get a other shield
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Their hits apply IIQ/IIR from the support gems, which are an on hit effect, but giving base IIQ/IIR to a minion via NA will do nothing.

Interesting, so MF support gems just give 'hits/dot grant quantity/rarity on kill' to the supported skill or minion. And the shield gives '40% increased Rarity of Items found' to the minion but the kill was never attributed to them in the first place so it can't work.

Nice nuance, you would have gotten me there too.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info