Ranger/duelist type class

Is it possible to be a ranger type class or a duelist and switch between bow and dual wielding without going into your inventory? Sort of like in diablo 2 how you click w in the expansion.
Not at the moment. There's been some discussion about adding a weapon switch feature but there are serious balance concerns because skills are socketed to weapons.
Forum Sheriff
I will try all the classes ,but ranger will be my favorite.
Yeah, I can definitely understand the issues of balancing. Its such a unique skill format also that it makes it even more difficult
While i would like a weapon switch functionality, i don't know how it would be with the skill system. While i don't really see any problem with it saving a skill layout together with a weapon layout, i think it might work.
"
Veryll wrote:
While i would like a weapon switch functionality, i don't know how it would be with the skill system. While i don't really see any problem with it saving a skill layout together with a weapon layout, i think it might work.

The issue with it is that you now have more spells at your disposal. It may not seem like much, but it becomes imba in PvE and its downright OP in a PvP situation.

"Look at it this way: The longer it takes before you get your key or the game goes to open beta, the better the game will be when you finally get to play!"

quote from Garr0t

That's why we need weapons like javlin, which can be used both ranged and in melee.
"
jamesthing wrote:
"
Veryll wrote:

The issue with it is that you now have more spells at your disposal. It may not seem like much, but it becomes imba in PvE and its downright OP in a PvP situation.

I can see your point, i didn't really think about the PvP point, as i'm not to much of a PvP player, but of course we can't have that being unbalanced for the people who enjoy that.. so i think the javelin idea is much better.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info