Socket in Rings! Why not? GGG! :)

A socketed ring in other games like diablo3 would be stupid because its instant buff to the ring, you put in +50 str gem or something, so there is no point of it.

BUT IN THIS GAME?? IT WOULD BE PERFECT !

Mostly in endgame builds you use up all your sockets with 4-5-6 linked skills you must use (mainskill,auras,castwhendamagetaken,curses...) and there is no room for other skills.

GGG added lot of cool tactical skill gems like : Smoke mine, Devouring totem, Decoy Totem, other totems, lightning warp, freeze mine, frost wall, bear trap, curses which you need in different situations : enfeeble,tempchains..

BUT mostly noone uses these because they have no room for these in their 4-5-6 link items.

BUT if it would be possible to socket rings:
PPL Could put these tactical skills in the rings without support gem.
Everyone would be happy, gameplay would be less monotonous and more tactical.

The way to socket a ring would be like a vendor recipe , the price is depending on the ring's itemlevel : itemlevel*3 jeweler orbs to socket the ring. So to socket an itemlevel 3 ring you just need 9 jeweler orbs, but to socket an itemlevel65 one, you'd need more.. Also rings could drop with socket naturally, with low chance.

Maybe there could be uniques supporting skills somehow in their socket too
D3 treasure goblins's escape portal is an entrance to Wraeclast
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
As someone who constantly use every damn socket for something I would love this, I haven't had a character that had a movement skill in months now o.O
"Had they not taken my home with fire, I would not have taken their children." Witch -
maybe sockets in rings can give extra dex,str,int...according to gem color?

"The problem with scrubcore is that it is full of of scrubs"
- King Edward the Longshanks
"
eebertay wrote:
maybe sockets in rings can give extra dex,str,int...according to gem color?

Tbh, i'd be happy with having a socket as a random mod that rings could roll.

would be nice.
^^
Haha, sockets in rings would actually make perfect sense. Much more sense than sockets in, say, footwear (it's pretty usual to have rings with gems in them, but how often do you see a pair of shoes with gems, huh) ;D
Too OP, just usable for movement skills, put them in another spare socket and youre good.
"
Too OP, just usable for movement skills, put them in another spare socket and youre good.

?
-what is OP?
-Yes, just usable for tactical skills, no dmg or buff, still there are lot of cases you'd need these.
-most ppl dont have spare socket.
When discussing ideas for my unique item, this possibility came up - my item is a ring. So, from that, I assume it isn't impossible for them to implement.
"the premier Action RPG for hardcore gamers."
-GGG

Happy hunting/fishing
Adding more sockets means more available skills for each player. This means players can focus less on skill management and more on killing enemies.

Imagine a PvP as is, where one player uses more utility skills but another uses more active skills. The active skills can be used to kill in different ways while the utility skills make the first player's single skill far more effective, or prevent him from dying as quickly.

Now imagine a PvP where you can socket gems in your belt, rings, and amulet. Every player will have multiple active skills and multiple utility skills. It will be a dull, basic duel between each player because they all have just as many options. Sure, the options will be different but this will be no different from an MMO, where it can be very hard to kill a single, well played character.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info