First Domination/Nemesis Challenge Completions

After countless hours of farming and trading, pinytenis and I have both completed all 8 Domination/Nemesis challenges! We worked together the entire way to each finish a set of the challenges, and traded each other the last missing unique so that we would both achieve 8 stars at the exact same time. We’d like to thank everyone who has traded with us during the past few months and GGG for creating such an amazing game. We’d also like to give a special thanks to Pibadi for his inspirational words from this thread.

The most difficult challenge of the 8 was obviously the “Own these Unique Items” challenge. The total value of all the uniques in that list is worth somewhere between 300 and 350 exalts. As a comparison, the list of uniques from last season’s Anarchy/Onslaught challenge was worth well under 100 exalts. Since it’s very unlikely that anyone will find all the uniques by themselves especially when many of them are extremely rare map-only uniques, the only feasible way to complete the challenge is to acquire a lot of currency and trade for each item individually.

We acquired our wealth through a combination of efficient Dominus farming (even getting flagged as a botter in the process - which was promptly fixed after an email to support), trading and flipping items, and most importantly, too much free time. Many people may instantly think RMT, but just look at how many players were banned recently for RMT and consider the fact that GGG does monitor the activity of big traders. There are no secrets to getting rich. While luck and RNG can certainly help (or hurt), its overall impact is minimized as you spend more time on the game and increase your knowledge of game mechanics and the in-game market.

We’re fairly certain we’re not the richest players in the league, and there are several other players that had the means to acquire all the uniques before us. These players either didn’t care about the challenges, and/or decided to hoard their wealth or spend it on crafting. In fact, while we had always planned to take our time to complete the challenges sometimes before February, we weren’t motivated to attempt to be the first ones to do so until only a week and a half ago when we read Pibadi’s thread that was mentioned earlier. Basically what we’re trying to say here is that the challenges are entirely possible to legitimately complete within this given time frame, and that we’re sure there will be plenty of others to complete them in the upcoming weeks.

Feel free to ask us any questions, and good luck to anyone else attempting to complete the challenges!
Last edited by SKTRain on Dec 17, 2013, 1:03:01 AM
My grats :P
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
I was trying to finish even one challenge, but two of those shrines never showed up for me...
Congratulations!
Ign Nicolai
Grats, especially in getting that Unique items.

I'm planning to get at most 3 challenges completed before the league ends. Getting more than that feels like a chore to me.
Last edited by lelarentaka7 on Dec 17, 2013, 1:00:30 AM
Gratz! That's pretty epic.
We tested it extensively
Good job man. Really well done.
Congratulations! :)
Completed all challenges in OB and shared my experience. thread/464722
ST Crit Dagger/Discharge build: thread/570185
Freeze! trap build & one of the best party builds: thread/669129
Low life EK scion/MF/block: thread/684037
CI Flameblast/Infernal Mantle Burning Witch: thread/721079

Report Forum Post

Report Account: