0.10.0 Patch Notes

"
Chris wrote:
"
oBLACKIECHANo wrote:
The premium stash tabs are so disappointing. I mean really, wtf was you thinking? It should be a ONE TIME PURCHASE that just allows you to rename and colour all of your existing stash tabs and any you buy in the future. And recover effect? Are you serious? You should buy the effect once and that's it, it should remain in your micros-transaction tab and you should be able to use it infinitely. Having to pay to recover it is absolutely ridiculous. I like the special effects and stuff, but you should really re-think those two things.

We didn't want to make them too expensive. Having them set up like this allows us to make them a lot cheaper for individual use. If a weapon effect was a permanent thing you could have on any item forever then that would cost a lot more up front than if you put it on your favourite single item and paid a small amount to move it.

But the problem is, how often are you going to have a "favourite item"? Your gear will always be changing. Maybe I went over the top by saying they should be infinite. But instead maybe have 5-10 uses per purchase, because as I said, gear will always be changing, and I think more money would be made if people felt they could use the effect on any good item and not just the absolute best.
"
Chris wrote:

We didn't want to make them too expensive. Having them set up like this allows us to make them a lot cheaper for individual use. If a weapon effect was a permanent thing you could have on any item forever then that would cost a lot more up front than if you put it on your favourite single item and paid a small amount to move it.

So provide choice - you can buy a one-time effect for, say, 20 points, or you can buy a permanent effect for 150.
IRON MAN
Will there be an option to disable sound notifications from whispers/etc?
"Good thing they nerfed the carto, it wasn't fun to find one in every map." - Haborym
In case anyone else was wondering about the chaos change, from Qarl's post:

"
Chaos Damage

A lot of the most interesting gameplay dynamics, and worst balance issues in Path of Exile come when we mix absolute mechanics with more traditional RPG numeric progressions.

Chaos Damage has been no exception, and has offered us continual issues with balance and other game systems.

Part of examining Chaos Damage has involved looking at what the original design goals for the system were. Chaos Damage is still in the game. We have added Chaos Resistance in a number of forms though, even though its a bit harder to stack Chaos Resistance than it is to stack Elemental Resists.

As part of this change, we have added a penalty to Chaos Resists for each difficulty that matches the Elemental Resist penalties. However we have also revisited all the balance, and reduced the damage and the frequency of Chaos Damage in the game.

I'm still not entirely sure that I am on board. However, lowering chaos damage across the board seems to somewhat compensate. I do like that it is not included in all resist, but I feel that giving equal penalties to it seems excessive at the same time. Unless the chaos damage output is balanced around the penalty, but I find that unlikely given how other systems are balanced.
Nice Patch notes, cant wait!"
Heh, I was right! The patch notes were Arcen-sized! :)

But now I really want to see whats in the shop~
"
oBLACKIECHANo wrote:
The premium stash tabs are so disappointing. I mean really, wtf was you thinking? It should be a ONE TIME PURCHASE that just allows you to rename and colour all of your existing stash tabs and any you buy in the future.

These things are optional, don't know why you're complaining.
Have a problem with premium stash tabs? make a reminder for yourself which tabs has what items, simple solution. Premium stash tabs are just there for convenience, it's just there to make things easier for you.
Last edited by SenpaiTypeBeat on Jan 22, 2013, 9:00:54 PM
"
sirius89 wrote:
Those Patch Notes.......

@Audio
"
Chris wrote:
Added a wide range of entirely cosmetic microtransaction items such as dance animations, more pets, and weapon and skill effects. Check out the shop on pathofexile.com for a complete list!

Darn it, I clicked the Shop button and forgot it's not tomorrow already.
"
oBLACKIECHANo wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
"
oBLACKIECHANo wrote:
The premium stash tabs are so disappointing. I mean really, wtf was you thinking? It should be a ONE TIME PURCHASE that just allows you to rename and colour all of your existing stash tabs and any you buy in the future. And recover effect? Are you serious? You should buy the effect once and that's it, it should remain in your micros-transaction tab and you should be able to use it infinitely. Having to pay to recover it is absolutely ridiculous. I like the special effects and stuff, but you should really re-think those two things.

But the problem is, how often are you going to have a "favourite item"? Your gear will always be changing. Maybe I went over the top by saying they should be infinite. But instead maybe have 5-10 uses per purchase, because as I said, gear will always be changing, and I think more money would be made if people felt they could use the effect on any good item and not just the absolute best.

Let's wait until we see the actual prices.

"
Dreggon wrote:
So provide choice - you can buy a one-time effect for, say, 20 points, or you can buy a permanent effect for 150.

Seems sound.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info