[1.3.0]PewPewPews official Starter-Friendly Incinerate Build | Stronger than ever!

About 5 days ago this build was suggested to me on reddit and to say that I fiended on the game in the past few days would be an understatement. Just gonna sum up my experience with it and maybe offer some advice to other folks looking to try it out.

First of all, I used a 4-Link searing touch to level that was lent to me by a friend which made things significantly easier for a bit however without CWDT-LW-Flam things we're fairly slow, once you get that first CWDT lighting warp going though everything sorta comes together.

And boy when it does, it's ridiculously fun. I died a few times mainly because I picked up eldritch battery before I could grab mind over matter, I would suggest waiting and getting both at the same time. Because having some ES is way more valuable than having just a bit more mana. The plus side of grabbing both at the same time is you get to grab some life nodes on your way down to Mind over Matter which might make a big difference in how many times you die early on.

I haven't got my hands on a 5L6S vestment and gemming mine to have Faster Projectiles is a massive pain so I'm running s slightly different setup with faster casting instead. Your mileage may vary with this but late game I feel its understated how much you need both leeches up with arctic armour.

All that aside this is my favourite build I've tried thus far and its a joy to play. If you're looking to try a neat fun build this is the one.

I've got a few questions for folks who have been using this for a bit: What do you guys think of grabbing vaal pact before going for elemental adaptation? Also, what map bosses have you guys been avoiding, map mods also? I've found that the blacksmith in spider forest wrecks me because I've got no chaos res, but if I pull him out after killing the zombies post leap he's an easy kill. Stasis maps and slow regen maps have also been a big no-no for me, even though you can slowly plod through 50% regen maps it's still a little dangerous.

Oh yeah, my gear after the ~week I've played.

Spoiler
Been playing a variant of your build on Nemesis, and it's pretty fun. I don't own a Saffel's, so making due with high block chance and a Stone of Lazhwar.

Just started out maps (slowly working my way up from 67s to test the waters), but it's been extremely tanky so far and have not really had any issues being close to death except for corrupting blood and lightning thorns. Lightning thorns is easily solved by the things you mentioned in your build, and for corrupting blood, you just use remove bleed flasks when you start losing life from stacks. It will kill you extremely fast if you aren't paying attention, so I used manual cast enfeeble while leveling and then now CWDT + enfeeble to make this mod a complete joke. Of course you lose the damage from flammability/ele weakness, but it's been worth it so far in Nemesis.

Thanks for posting such an awesome build! :)
I started this build just under one week ago. I am currently lvl 78 with it and I can tell you it is the MOST fun I have had playing this game. There are a few things that I would suggest as well and were also mentioned by the OP. As you progress through I highly recommend working your way to EB and MoM then taking both at the same time. I noticed that when I went to EB first I started dying a lot more because I lost the survivability that my mana shield provided. I didn't get it back until I hit MoM. This was the only time I have struggled. I helped a friend level this same build and I had him make this change as he leveled and he did not have the issues I had.

I am currently running lvl 67 maps with no issues and could easily do higher but I am just working my way through the ones I have an using them up. I haven't died in days except to one chaos damage boss and that is my fault cause my chaos resistance is still way to low. I have my Saffell's Frame but do not have my Infernals Mantle yet. I am running a random 5L ES robe for now with Added Chaos Damage to help off-set my missing Infernals and it's working well.

GREAT build and FUN spec!

I've been using this build and like it so far; I'm currently level 59 on Nemesis. I should have a Saffel's and 4L Infernal Mantle once I'm 62. I haven't used the Auto Cast Lightning Warp yet, mostly because I'm afraid of it. I guess I have 2 questions: 1. Do you think the auto cast LW is too random and a big risk on Nemesis? 2. Would this build be viable and still strong in Nemesis without using auto LW? Thanks :P.
Hey Adalrik I've got a spare mantle you can have if you'd like. I've picked up 3 in my upgrade process.
Been loving this build so far! Was a breeze until Cruel Piety (wasn't quite ready for her at level 48 xD). Level 51 now and am looking forward to getting past this little bump, I know when I hit around 60 and get the frame and the mantle this build will really shine. Been able to use quite a bit of MF gear while leveling too, already found 1 exalt with it so I'm happy :D Build paid for itself :) I will say though that some mantles are going for a lot more than 1c, especially the ones with sockets good enough to use.

Again love the build, would highly recommend and thanks for posting.
@Midjet - Man that would be great! I started on Dom when I made this guy so my currency is lacking! I spent what I picked up while leveling to get my Saffell's Frame!

BTW I'm lvl 79 now and life is getting easier as I level instead of harder!
"
Paulygon wrote:
I've been using this build and like it so far; I'm currently level 59 on Nemesis. I should have a Saffel's and 4L Infernal Mantle once I'm 62. I haven't used the Auto Cast Lightning Warp yet, mostly because I'm afraid of it. I guess I have 2 questions: 1. Do you think the auto cast LW is too random and a big risk on Nemesis? 2. Would this build be viable and still strong in Nemesis without using auto LW? Thanks :P.

Be careful with Infernal Mantle, be sure to never be/rarelly be low on mana with it and have a high spell block. About auto LW, it's a very defensive and ofensive part of the build. Everytime you take a big hit you'll teleport away/other side of the mob which hit you, or near it if it was ranged (which is good if you were planning on fightin the mob, bad if you planned to run from it). For melee big hits this means you probably won't take another hit from the boss/rare so soon, for ranged hits it's a little more complex.

Other point of LW is the danger of chaining LW into many groups of mobs. Sometimes this mean that you could die if you stop attacking/try running away. I myself play on Nemesis so I always try to play safe and avoid chainning LW into groups of mobs, but man I must say that maintaining the third stage of Incinerates makes your damage/leech very high. If you keep theese flasks you should stay safe (plus spell block):

This build is awesome. I'm at level 60, and facetanking pretty much everything. As long as I'm casting, my mana and health bars stay full. Can't wait until 62!

One question though: If I only have a 4 link Infernal Mantle, should I go with Mana Leech or damage from Faster Projectiles?
Last edited by arimor2390 on Jan 3, 2014, 3:26:26 PM
post above me:go with mana leech. it secures your 30% damage reduction from MOM and lets you incinerate forever.

i read about this and had to try it out. bought a 5l infernal with RGGBB already on it.
the character is like 4 days old now, lvl73 on domination

this is the gear, everything except the left ring bought for under 2 ex total.

Spoiler

the last map i did was this:

absolutely no problems. the only thing i managed to kill myself with yet was a minus max resist multiple lightning thorns rare.

btw: on that bog map i found these (plus some rares and lower currency obv.):

thanks for an awesome build idea :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info