[1.3.0]PewPewPews official Starter-Friendly Incinerate Build | Stronger than ever!

this build has so much more dex in it vs my Rathpith /lightning coil Witch...
makes my

less godly. 2 wasted affixed :( lol
I mean I didn't mind the lightning damage not helping,dat dex! so helpful!...not for this build.
Love this build though. It's looking like what I've been looking for since day one. high dps and unstoppable EHP.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Sep 11, 2014, 6:04:35 PM
i know it cost way more but is Rathpith Globe is not way better than Saffell's Frame? less chance to block spell but more spell damage,more life, more block and the ability to block physical and way more energy shield(mana)?
I love this build, it is most fun I have had in this game. my dps before the patch was 2650 , after 1562. why would they do this?
"
naryan100 wrote:
I love this build, it is most fun I have had in this game. my dps before the patch was 2650 , after 1562. why would they do this?

I'm not sure what happened, though I did hear something about a DPS bug, so hopefully this is only temporary.

Personally, my DPS dropped from 2800-ish to 1700 (with GMP).
I want to do this build or an Arc build. Have never made a caster build before.
Which would you think would have a faster clearing speed? i know your is a lot tankier.
Have about 3ex in rampage

Also, is it hard to get IIR with this build? And can you just use Cloak of Defiance instead of going so far down to Mom?
Last edited by Pharcri on Sep 12, 2014, 12:14:17 AM
"
djeezo wrote:
i know it cost way more but is Rathpith Globe is not way better than Saffell's Frame? less chance to block spell but more spell damage,more life, more block and the ability to block physical and way more energy shield(mana)?

You're already below the spell block cap with Saffell's vs Rathpith. Rathpith would be even worse.
Even with legacy Saffell's I'm going to use Stone of Lazhwar and I'm at barely 44% spell block.

Something to think about.
In THIS build, reg block isn't what it's about.
I have a level 81 Incinerate Witch with 70/74 block/spell block, but she doesn't use MoM...different build. She needs the reg block.
This build makes up for the lack of spell damage ( on your shield namely) taking more damage passive nodes. points another build would spend on block perhaps?

This build is near flawless for what it's trying to do. But Rathpith instead of Saffell's you're just looking at a different build. A PERFECT Rathpith comes sort of close to a nerfed Saffells in spell block, but again counter intuitive here.
Also Saffell's is good for +5 max resists.

Maybe I'm way off base and it's more about the + max resists with it. 44% with legacy Saffells AND stone of Laszhwar...that's still pretty unreliable.

edit: 63 now, wearing the major pieces. It's very facetank. As long as you're activley casting Incinerate, ( and AA is up) you can't die. I'm thinking it's mostly about the + max resists Saffell's offers. You won't reach spell block cap with either shield so Saffell's has the most mitigation to offer I think.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Sep 12, 2014, 5:29:28 AM
Hello , I am asian I am sorry for my broken English.

I am interest this build , but i want some advice

It's about incinrate block build v.s. this build

I am gonna use Rathpith Globe shield and MOM body than i can cancel mom from skill tree

Any Pros&Cons for reference? thanks

It's my end game build
"
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgAA-egYPL0nkzoIZ7GQLajbWbfWgwlh4iaVFr8Pq1M1m7XDOspKb55VS4w22wuCHn_GHNwtR1BCakPAVLzqaxeVIMHz376FxUJLKw1Msy0fVcaD2wQH6-4o-oLHU1JFnZrg_rq748SilwYtgxmKUg1b99o9IuoJIWyMnao2PW1sYqz_HEuNHoG0xVb67g7vetN-fXVNkiP2o4o94rfT18sbrUju2L3-Crc-QYdKfYd2Z6D8xY19oqM1kv6PTeOmVzrh8kWFMnTxGNsUdQ==

Last edited by solefelix on Sep 12, 2014, 9:24:31 AM
I didn't notice a DPS drop myself, but then again, I didn't pay too much attention to it today so...

@DamageIncorporated: it's not just those points, also the two points to the right of it. Together it makes 5, while if you take the bottom path, it's 4 total. Saves one point :)

@djeezo: The only reason I prefer Saffell's over Rathpith is because of the max resistances it offers. Especially now it's harder to get them from the tree, that 4% is huge. I'm really surprised other builds haven't picked up about this yet ;P

@XtraSalty: I haven't played much on arcers, but check out some of the latest vids I've posted to get an idea how the clearing is(check the olme's vids for example, mobs there have high health so..)
As for MF... You need good gear to go MF. Since we can't go low life, it's not as easy to get a lot of IIR in the build. It's definitely possible though. I would recommend getting at least a 5L armor for that, and use the 4L with IR in the 5th slot. Getting the Cloak is also a decent option, but I wouldn't go Cloak without Apep's. We need that chaos damage for those fire resistant mobs.

@solefelix: The problem with block is that it requires a good investment in the tree, and in gear. While a block incinerate build might be tankier, and more effective on HardCore, it's also far more expensive, and has lower damage output(especially when you are running with Cybil's Paw). This build is optimized to be as cheap and as effective possible :)

Ah right, I added two more video's for your personal entertainment!

[1.2.2]VS Olmec's Sanctuary(74) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2umlXcFFlJw&index=3&list=PLOOBQSJGa3PCakC_s6gU_CB17nqUXWjt3
[1.2.2]VS Merveil the Reflection, the Returned https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlybOZiGRlc

Please note that Olmec's is split up in three parts!
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
Last edited by Appels_Zijn_Gezond on Sep 12, 2014, 10:58:10 AM
"
I didn't notice a DPS drop myself, but then again, I didn't pay too much attention to it today so...

Turns out it was some kind of bug brought on by the patch. A lot of people reported losing a ton of tooltip DPS because the game wasn't calculating it properly for some reason. It's been fixed.

Anyway, in an earlier post, Appels mentioned Fire Leech (which is the first time I'd ever heard of this affix), and how even just 1% of it seems to be enough to survive.

I managed to get my hands on one of these (for a mere 20 chaos):

This seems to be quite a decent belt, and I only lost 200 life as a result (from 4500 to 4300). As you can see, this belt synergizes quite well with this build, and is relatively cheap. So far, the fire leech seems to be enough to sustain me, though I'll admit that I don't have a Saffell's, so there are a lot of bosses that have given me a lot of trouble, even with a life leech gem.

Anyway, my point is, if some of you are looking for a relatively cheap source of fire leech (that also synergizes with the build), Doryani's Invitation is a good unique for the job.

>>>NOTE<<< Doryani's Invitation comes in several elemental variants. I've seen variants that give a bonus to physical damage, while others give lightning damage. I would assume that there must be variants that give cold damage as well. Furthermore, the resists on the belt vary based on the type of damage the belt gives. I really wanted Fire/Cold resists on mine, but none of the fire-based ones came up.

So if you decide to get one of these, be VERY careful that you're getting the right variant.

On a final note, I've found that Haste gives me roughly 100 extra DPS over Herald of Ice, and when used with an Apep's Rage (and Spell Echo), I'm hitting 11.2 casts per second. However, even with a Reduced Mana gem, I would NOT recommend using both at once, as this would push your mana pool below the 35% mark, which triggers the damage penalty on the Infernal Mantle.

It's also worth mentioning that, due to its larger mana reservation cost, Haste makes it easier to go below the 35% mark, as you'll have a smaller mana pool to draw from. I mainly like it because of its movement speed bonus, which goes well with my 20% Arctic Armour gem.
"

@DamageIncorporated: it's not just those points, also the two points to the right of it. Together it makes 5, while if you take the bottom path, it's 4 total. Saves one point :)

@djeezo: The only reason I prefer Saffell's over Rathpith is because of the max resistances it offers. Especially now it's harder to get them from the tree, that 4% is huge. I'm really surprised other builds haven't picked up about this yet ;P

@XtraSalty: I haven't played much on arcers, but check out some of the latest vids I've posted to get an idea how the clearing is(check the olme's vids for example, mobs there have high health so..)
As for MF... You need good gear to go MF. Since we can't go low life, it's not as easy to get a lot of IIR in the build. It's definitely possible though. I would recommend getting at least a 5L armor for that, and use the 4L with IR in the 5th slot. Getting the Cloak is also a decent option, but I wouldn't go Cloak without Apep's. We need that chaos damage for those fire resistant mobs.

@solefelix: The problem with block is that it requires a good investment in the tree, and in gear. While a block incinerate build might be tankier, and more effective on HardCore, it's also far more expensive, and has lower damage output(especially when you are running with Cybil's Paw). This build is optimized to be as cheap and as effective possible :)

Ah right, I added two more video's for your personal entertainment!

[1.2.2]VS Olmec's Sanctuary(74) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2umlXcFFlJw&index=3&list=PLOOBQSJGa3PCakC_s6gU_CB17nqUXWjt3
[1.2.2]VS Merveil the Reflection, the Returned https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlybOZiGRlc

Please note that Olmec's is split up in three parts!

Awesome. Thanks for the quick response. Think i am going to try this build out. looks very fun for a first time caster :D

Which master would u suggest to have in your hideout to level first?
Last edited by Pharcri on Sep 12, 2014, 1:25:45 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info