Cut throat league at OB ?

Hi Everyone,

I could not find the information anywhere else, do we have any idea about when and if a cut throat league will be opened next week or later ?

Pvp is a really important side of the game to me, and it sound like a ton of fun.
I totally understand that the team is working hard to get the "main" league as good as possible, and I'm ready to wait.
I just feel like having an update regarding this feature now would help some folks to not get frustrated on the OB start, and prepare differently for it

Thanks !

PS: sorry for my bad english
There will probably not be a permanent CT league at the start of Open Beta. tpapp recently made an informative post about this topic.

"
tpapp157 wrote:
The issue with cutthroat is GGG finding the time to sit down and figure out the mechanics and restrictions necessary to keep the permanent league fun and then code it all up and implement it. The past few months GGG has been spending all of their time implementing necessary content for Act 3 and Open Beta. Hopefully once Open Beta is past and all the launch issues are taken care of we'll here more about it. As I said, a permanent cutthroat league is definitely something that GGG wants to do. It's just a question of content priorities and when they'll find the time to do it.

Just for reference here are some of GGG's immediate priorities:
Resolving any balance/stability issues that come up with Open Beta
Adding more skills
Adding more microtransactions
Finishing the Act 3 areas and quests that won't be done in time for Open Beta
Updating and adding more PvP options
Incrementally improving Acts 1 and 2 (to match Act 3's level of quality)
Upgrading the trading system (including trading through the forums)

I (and GGG) don't know yet where or if implementing a permanent cutthroat league is going to fit into that feature schedule.
Disregard witches, aquire currency.
Thanks Dust7 !

I read this post a while ago, don't know why I was assuming cutthroat was a part of the PvP priority for OB, despite the fact the post states there is no clear schedule :(

I guess no need to take some days off next week to rush the Open Beta then xD

On the bright side, it will give some time for everyone to get a personal taste about all the changes before choosing their build on cutthroat ;)

At this moment I'm thinking about going on a 2H ligthning strike duelist (ranger have a better start on template, but it's ok cutthroat will be more about tenacity than optimisation, so avatar > template start for me).

Two handers will be really strong on the beginning of the cutthroat, even with phase run out (flicker strike + heavy strike is really deadly at low levels). Assuming you wear at least 2 pots dispelling chill/frozen, I don't think any matchup would be impossible during the early rush
yea same here they said Cut-Throat would not be out until OB. Last I remember and this was over 1-2 years ago? I been checking up here and there since then waiting for its arrival than I will start playing again.
Still waiting for CT league too.
I am on the sidelines too for this.
same here :x
yeah i'm quitting until i see cut-throat
i love the idea of Cut throat league!
But give the guys time, this game is amazing
I'd like to see it too. I just hope i won't get spooked by it if i do very bad in it xD

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info