WIth Crown of eyes, Iron will will effect Attack ?

now im reinstalling the game... omg

just wonder,

If I use Iron will gem, it will effect to attack? (with Crown Eyes)

Any body test ?
Last edited by kaiserhose on Dec 4, 2013, 9:07:57 PM
it should
sicne attack already profit from str and iron will says it appeals to spells as well as attacks
I tested

When I link the Iron will to active skill, no effect.

No. Iron Will makes the strength bonus to melee physical damage apply to spells. That bonus already applies to attacks naturally, so Crown of Eyes doesn't do anything to it.
Hi Mark, you're the best; I'm a huge fan of your work!

However, I think what you've stated might be incorrect.

Strength: Every 10 strength grants +2% melee physical damage

Iron Will: Strength's damage bonus applies to Spell Damage as well for Supported Skills

Crown of Eyes: Modifiers to Spell Damage also apply to Attack Damage

So Iron Will allows Strength's melee physical to effect spell damage. Crown of Eyes allows that spell damage to effect attack damage.

So you could use Iron Will + Crown of Eyes to apply strength's damage bonus to non-melee non-physical attacks. For example, this combination would increase projectile attack damage, which Strength alone would not do. This example is kind of stupid since you could use Iron Grip, of course, but you could also use the combination to increase melee elemental damage, which strength alone would not do either.

Is this not correct?
IGN: Korbad
Last edited by korbad on Dec 4, 2013, 11:01:11 PM
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
No. Iron Will makes the strength bonus to melee physical damage apply to spells. That bonus already applies to attacks naturally, so Crown of Eyes doesn't do anything to it.

So if the attack was ranged it wouldn't work?
IGN: TsuruyaNyro
"
korbad wrote:
Hi Mark, you're the best; I'm a huge fan of your work!

However, I think what you've stated might be incorrect.

Strength: Every 10 strength grants +2% melee physical damage

Iron Will: Strength's damage bonus applies to Spell Damage as well for Supported Skills

Crown of Eyes: Modifiers to Spell Damage also apply to Attack Damage

So Iron Will allows Strength's melee physical to effect spell damage. Crown of Eyes allows that spell damage to effect attack damage.

So you could use Iron Will + Crown of Eyes to apply strength's damage bonus to non-melee non-physical attacks. For example, this combination would increase projectile attack damage, which Strength alone would not do. This example is kind of stupid since you could use Iron Grip, of course, but you could also use the combination to increase melee elemental damage, which strength alone would not do either.

Is this not correct?

It's not correct, because iron will can only support spells. If you had a spell which dealt attack damage somehow, then sure your analysis might be correct; but that won't happen so it's pretty moot. Iron Will can't support attacks, so it only increases the attack damage of spells, which is nonexistant.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
It would probably work if:

- You could support attacks with iron will
- You had an attack that doesn't already include strength bonus

First one will not work but second has a lot of likely candidates - all projectile attacks in the game. But... why not just use iron grip in that case?

Yeah, I know you actually wanted to know if it can double-dip. It can't, some effects in the game can double-dip after a fashion, however no stat can apply to the same chunk of damage twice.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Dec 5, 2013, 6:32:55 AM
"
raics wrote:
no stat can apply to the same chunk of damage twice.

This is a good rule of thumb, with a small addendum. Sometimes stats affect the same chunk of damage twice, particularly when said damage occurs as a proportion of another source of damage empowered by the same stat.

Example: Fire and burning damage.

Burning damage from ignite double-dips on the Increased Fire Damage stat, since said stat increases the fire damage of the initial hit, which is used to construct the base burning damage, and then again it increases the burning damage itself.
Yes, it's a little bending that doesn't actually break the rule. Burning damage caused by ignite will benefit twice from reduced resists but they will apply to different parts of damage so the rule still stands :)
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info