Bind Portal Scroll to keys/mouse.

I still wonder why this isn't implemented yet. It adds so much convenience. I don't really want to have to find a Portal Gem.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Because that's what the portal gem is for.

I too would appreciate the ability to bind a key to my portal scrolls. Has GGG expressed an opinion on the matter?
Unavailable
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
Yes there's a Portal Gem, but it's such a basic/essential feature to have it shouldn't even be something relegated to a rare random drop. It makes everything more convenient.
Which is why its a rare drop.
yeh the fact that the gem exists makes it clear they left scrolls unbindable on purpose otherwise why would you take a gem slot for the portal gem
IGN- Isiander
"
Which is why its a rare drop.

It's a very basic functionality, why shouldn't people get it?

That's even besides the point. It's not the access to the gem itself, but access to to portal scrolls. It's like removing a shortcut to open your inventory, but then introduce a rare "Open Inventory" gem that you can finally bind to a key. Again, basic functionality. Even D2 lets you bind a function key to your TP Tome.

I do not see any rationale having to rely on a gem just so you can use a shortcut to something you already have. The gem is simply just there to remove the need for TP scrolls, NOT so you actually get to use a shortcut key.
Last edited by WolfAkela on Jan 16, 2013, 10:20:38 PM
TP scrolls are common, and I ALWAYS have them. It IS there as a means for a shortcut, and nothing else. Don't like using TP scrolls? Get a Portal gem.

Sorry, but I really can't see how the benefit of a Portal gem is there to remove the "need" for TPs.
I didn't mean "shortcut to towns". I meant "shortcut key to access a portal, whether gem or scroll". It's not a question of how common scrolls are, or how rare the gem is. It's about the lack of binding a key for quick access to a scroll. I don't understand why I'm still not being clear here.

In Diablo 2, you can bind TP Tome to a key (say F8). If I need a TP, I just press F8 then mouseclick.

In PoE, you have to press I to open your inventory then click on the scroll to open a portal... unless you have a gem that you can bind to a key (say Q).

Why do I need a rare gem just so I can open a portal in one press? I can have 1000 scrolls in my inventory, but it doesn't change the fact that using a TP Scroll is unintuitive compared to using a TP Gem.
Last edited by WolfAkela on Jan 17, 2013, 2:50:09 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info