VarthDaver's Self-Righteous Fire DPS Build

***Disclaimer***
This is not a guide, you cannot level with this spec. It is an endgame option only.

Assume this build is manleague only and not recommend using this in the play-it-safe leagues (aka "Hardcore"). Is it viable? Sure, but I don't want to debate it. Assume its not.
***Disclaimer***

Build Features | Combines two difficult to sustain abilities (RF and AA) to melt faces of those around you.
Build Strengths | Amazingly solo play, flashy appearance, self-righteousness. Completely ignore many mobs (tittybitches / voidbearers)
Build Weaknesses | Weaker in groups, require curse immune flasks (or risk death), requires extensive knowledge of mob abilities for positioning.

Why post?
I am wanting to share a uncommon build variant that has amazing potential and showcases rarely combined gear / talents. You can see my recent builds:

Playstyle
Use lightning warp to land on targets, curse, bring the lightning. Use Ruby Pots to heal, and try to stack the shocks when possible.

Videos
Spoiler

I have a YouTube Channel of some map runs (mostly 69-73 maps)
YouTube Channel http://www.youtube.com/playlist?feature=edit_ok&list=PLViajCub8sij-OnNmfxwniZMgHZ6qUnfQ
I will be adding more maps as I can.

My Current Stats
Spoiler

Offense

Defense

Mechanics
In short, to sustain RF, you need to regen 9% of your health, and have 90% fire resist. This is achieved via passsives and gearing.

The Build
Spoiler

This is my current implementation. I change it constantly, but you can get the general idea.
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAAdwCcQQHBLMFLQhnDH0SaRRNFVAWbxccFy8ZLhmFGmwb-h8CJKoksCXfJ9Un7Sj6LR8xnjWSNsU22DbpOuE8LT1fQYdHfkz_UlNUSVXGXz9gS2EhZU1odG0ZcXl07XgNeu-ApIIegseDOITZhO-G0YgbiPGPRo-mlKCXlZitna6iAKQZplenCKluq8WsWa9stPm18rc-uJO53b6KwfPEWMT2xYrGrs9l0NDUj9gk2E3aYtsL4urjaudS52Pr7u8O73zvhfAf8i_yRfPd-ej60v4K

Health
220% increased maximum Life
92 to maximum Life
8.4% of Life Regenerated per Second

Mitigation
52% increased Armour
12% to Chaos Resistance
12% to all Elemental Resistances
2% to maximum Lightning Resistance
2% to maximum Fire Resistance
2% to maximum Cold Resistance

Damage
80% increased Burning Damage
You take 30% reduced Extra Damage from Critical Strikes
Enemies you hit with Elemental Damage temporarily get 25% Resistance to those Elements and -50% Resistance to other Elements
20% increased Area Damage
18% increased Physical Damage with One Handed Melee Weapons
12% increased Physical Damage
8% increased Spell Damage
8% increased Melee Physical Damage
6% increased Fire Damage

Other
310 to Strength
210 to Intelligence
80% increased Mana Regeneration Rate
28% increased Radius of Area Skills
28% increased effect of Auras you Cast
20 to maximum Mana
12% increased Radius of Auras
10 to Dexterity
8% reduced Mana Reserved
6% increased Effect of Buffs on You
2 to Melee Weapon and Unarmed range

Arctic Armor
Makes this build possible. Level as high as possible. A constantly underrated ability. Get to 20% (or more with enhance) for added runspeed!

Required Keystones
Elemental Equilibrium - This triggers when you deal lightning damage, and provides a 50% debuff for your fire damage. Also effective against curse immune mobs.
Eldrich Battery - Need to run high level arctic armor, and also to prevent damage taken from energy shield with the new Rigeous Fire.

Curses
Elemental Weakness - First and best curse for this build. Always have it up.
Flammability - Useful to scale fire damage, but should never be used before Elemental Weakness.
Enfeeble - Amazingly powerful, helpfulf if you might not survive larger hits while gearing

Auras
Vitality / Purity of Fire - Core required curses to make the build work
Clarity / Discipline - To Boost Regen
Grace / Haste - Used when needed.
-I run normally Vitality / Purity of Fire / Clarity

Skills / Links
On Weapon Swap - Searing Touch 5L | Righteous Fire + Increased Area + Concentrated Effect + Empower + Increased Burning Damage
3L Main Hand | Lightning Warp + Reduced Duration + Faster Casting
5L Chest | Storm Call + Elemental Proliferation + Quality Added Lightning + Iron Will + Life Leech
6L Chest | Storm Call + Elemental Proliferation + Quality Added Lightning + Iron Will + Life Leech + Faster Casting

RF Damage Math
Summary: 12k dps base at my current gearing, over 24k with debuffed mob, over 36k with shock stacks from RF alone. Lightning adds another 4-10k dps.

Spoiler
Health 4670
Base Damage 2335

Weapon | Increased Burn 70%
Talents | Increased Burn 80%
Skills Gem | Increased Burn 60%
Total Increase 210%

Net Increased Damage 4,904
Total Increased Damage 7,239

Concentrated Effect 65
Total MORE Damage 65%

Total DPS 11,944

Resistance DPS Math

75% 2,986
50% 5,972
25% 8,958
0% 11,944
-25% 14,929
-50% 17,915
-75% 20,901
-100% 23,887
-125% 26,873

RF "Imprinting"
RF basically imprints once you cast it. This means whatever you have linked to it will persist until the skill is removed. You can even unequip the weapon, and the effect will remaing.
This is a good thing as it prevents you from being able to "douse" or turn off the effect easily. Its a better thing for RF users in that you do not need to keep you casting weapon as a primary, and can use it on weapon swap.

Choice of Main Spell
I am using Storm Call for thematic reasons, but the build is quite viable with Freezing Pulse, Ice Spear, Ice Nova, Shock Nova, Shock, and Incinerate. I recommend using a non-fire as a main spell to proc EE.

Required Gear
Rise of the Pheonix - This is the only mandatory item as it will give the additional fire resists necessary to sustain RF. Late game you could go without this, but the effort would not be worth the trade.

Recommended Gear
Doon Cuebiyari - Simply amazing mace with this build when you strength stack. The bottom stat of "1% increased Damage per 8 strength" is the key.
Searing Touch - Used in 4L + on weapon swap. Rolls do not matter.
Deshret's Vice - Fantastic style points, high strength.
Windscream - Additional Curse
Doedre's Damning - Additional Curse

My Current Gear
Spoiler

Weapon Swap

Flasks

Last edited by VarthDaver on Dec 3, 2013, 7:08:14 PM
Nice one
i got one of mine Cant touch this build

yeah im crazy im low life
thx got i incinerate+gmp and Cybil
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Last edited by Sexcalibure on Dec 3, 2013, 7:38:38 PM
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
Nice one

Awesome, in my top I linked to one I did like that months ago before the new class wasout: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/524282

Certainly a lot of fun,though this build actually kills with RF, where that one did not really.
"
VarthDaver wrote:
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
Nice one

Awesome, in my top I linked to one I did like that months ago before the new class wasout: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/524282

Certainly a lot of fun,though this build actually kills with RF, where that one did not really.
Lol its fun but still waiting for pvp events... tempest blocker is such a pain in the ass
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Does searing touch's burning damage continue to increase damage of righteous fire even after the weapon swap? have you tested it?
"
StoneSmite wrote:
Does searing touch's burning damage continue to increase damage of righteous fire even after the weapon swap? have you tested it?

Yes, extensively before and after. I initially was hoping to use just the mace to scale RF, but even at 800 str, it only provides 100% increased, where Searing Touch provides up to 110, and the benefit of the +2 fire sockets.

The reason behind this is that they didn't want you to be able to "turn off" RF without using a dousing flask (stops burning). So to prevent that, they made it imprint, and it functions at the level it was cast at no matter what.

Other effects used to work this way, and some still imprint (Summons, Tempest Shield, Aura's), but no others will survive unequip like RF.
Heya OP,

can you explain more on how to sustain Arctic armor?
nice build. i play RF too on Nemesis but im not using AA. maybe ill get EB and try to get AA

My current Gear:
Spoiler

My current Build:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAAdwCcQSzBS0MXxJpFE0WbxccFy8Y2xkuGYUb-h0UIWAkqiSwJd8n1SftKPoxnjWSNuk64TwFPC1AoEGHR35M_03jUFBSr1RJVcZYY18_YEthIWVNaHRxeXTtdPF4DXrvgKSCx4M4hNmE74bRiPGMz49GlKCYrZ2un9-iAKQZplenCKluq8WsWa1Kr2y18rc-uJO53b6KxFjE9sWKxq7G2M0mz2XQ0NSP2E3aYuLq42rnUudj6-7vDu988B_yRfPd9kj56PrS_gr-jw==
Diablo II Fanboy
btw there is a better option to boost your RF damage than using searing touch it is also alot cheaper. all you need is 2x

This is how to cast RF with dual Redbeaks:
- swap to dual redbeaks and cast purity of fire on blood magic. This puts you on low life
- Drink ruby pot and cast RF
- Switch back to main weapon and cast your auras and get to full HP

it increases your RF damage by 200% :)
Diablo II Fanboy
Last edited by Xheos on Dec 16, 2013, 4:33:03 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info