[2.2] JForce's Reave Duelist Build

Interested in trying out this build in Tempest, which side of the passive tree should I pick up first?
"
Nardill wrote:
Interested in trying out this build in Tempest, which side of the passive tree should I pick up first?

I'd say go for the left side first so you can get resolute technique.
I noticed you haven't picked up a lot of block nodes, considering block is a very good form of mitigation. You only have around like 12+ additional block, and you picked up some not as impactful nodes like armor + life nodes.
IGN: synthelite
"
BLUcody wrote:
I noticed you haven't picked up a lot of block nodes, considering block is a very good form of mitigation. You only have around like 12+ additional block, and you picked up some not as impactful nodes like armor + life nodes.

I've never been a big fan of block nor do I consider it something that important as nerfs have destroyed it over time. The tree is simply a guideline and if you believe other nodes within the same pathing have greater importance then you can easily adjust the tree to your liking :)
I modified a build around using your's as a baseline.

Has 181% max HP around level 80 (which I built it for), has 23% block chance, around 50% with an average rare shield + tempest shield. I think having block gives me leeway on not having more life as a form of mitigation, and the more + end charges. Loses DPS by having not as much DPS nodes in general + frenzy charges, I use blood rage though so I still get them consistently. Went for more block to, but can't go beyond 50 unless I want to overextend my build.

tree/AAAAAwQBBIcEswUtBjkM9w3NDjwQ8BLhFCAUcRXsGj4bqhzOK1AvzDJONZI53TpSOuE8LT0PPfxAoEPnR35N41BHUWBYY14TXz9hUmLsYxdlTWjycql07Xk5eu98u3zZfuKBOoIHg8yE2YTvhmCK8IzPj5mRzp7Nn8uiAKLqplenMKmVrK-vbK-ntoq3Prkdu-29Nr6nwL_BB8GCxILE9sWKxq7KkNIh137Yvdl82sHkUelG6dXqGO8O707wH_JB8kXyWvMG9kj3Mvjr-6r-Cv5U_o8=
"
BLUcody wrote:
I modified a build around using your's as a baseline.

Has 181% max HP around level 80 (which I built it for), has 23% block chance, around 50% with an average rare shield + tempest shield. I think having block gives me leeway on not having more life as a form of mitigation, and the more + end charges. Loses DPS by having not as much DPS nodes in general + frenzy charges, I use blood rage though so I still get them consistently. Went for more block to, but can't go beyond 50 unless I want to overextend my build.

tree/AAAAAwQBBIcEswUtBjkM9w3NDjwQ8BLhFCAUcRXsGj4bqhzOK1AvzDJONZI53TpSOuE8LT0PPfxAoEPnR35N41BHUWBYY14TXz9hUmLsYxdlTWjycql07Xk5eu98u3zZfuKBOoIHg8yE2YTvhmCK8IzPj5mRzp7Nn8uiAKLqplenMKmVrK-vbK-ntoq3Prkdu-29Nr6nwL_BB8GCxILE9sWKxq7KkNIh137Yvdl82sHkUelG6dXqGO8O707wH_JB8kXyWvMG9kj3Mvjr-6r-Cv5U_o8=

Yeah I considered that route but you have way fewer damage nodes and I never consider having more block as an excuse for having less life. Never rely on rng to make up for effective health.

But overall that build can have like 230% life by level 90 from the original tree's I made going up into that area and disreguarding the right side of the tree completely, but I wanted to have more damage and more dexterity to have flexibility with swords.
Can you put up a link to your gear?
Have only around 8K dps, 10k with all frenzy charges (3) up with blood rage, have HoA, hatred, and a fire golem too. Level 67. Is this normal?? I clear so slow right now, I made the switch from a cycloner to this build. Using your skill tree. I have around a 240 pDPS sword, I have a 4 link too.
Last edited by BLUcody on Jul 13, 2015, 12:48:38 PM
Can you link your gear cause im wondering which kinds of shields i should take in concideration
"
BLUcody wrote:
Have only around 8K dps, 10k with all frenzy charges (3) up with blood rage, have HoA, hatred, and a fire golem too. Level 67. Is this normal?? I clear so slow right now, I made the switch from a cycloner to this build. Using your skill tree. I have around a 240 pDPS sword, I have a 4 link too.

well I was running with 5 frenzy so the extra frenzies should help with damage, as for the damage I had it was with a pretty decent amulet with 9-17 phys, a couple low phys rings, and 4-7 phys on my gloves with a rustic sash. but I managed to get that much damage using a 230 pdps sword alongside that gear and most the damage nodes except for the very right sword ones

Edit: I was level 78 btw
Last edited by jforce321 on Jul 13, 2015, 7:21:49 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info