Septile wrote:
EchoMending, master of professionalism.

Thank you! I do try :)
IGN: NuzzyFipples
"
Chris wrote:
"
EchoMending wrote:
So glad Chris could find it in his heart to take 5 seconds out of his day to write that down.

Looks like the patch might just in time to make Friday US time after all then. Not exactly a safe margin, but not like anyone was still expecting any sort of professionalism after the party debacle from yesterday, of course.

What was the party debacle? That we didn't cancel our annual Christmas party that occured after hours? I had no idea that people were angry at lack of communication because I was still working to our deployment timeline that we mentioned yesterday (i.e. during our Friday workday).

I'm sorry for the angry tone but I haven't had a lot of sleep this week making sure that this patch is awesome :)

Funny how people think they are owed something. This is a F2P game, if they want to delay the patch so it's right when it comes out to the live realm, then let them what they need to do. It's another skill that's adding to the core game. This is additional content. And then you have the nerve to say that they can't enjoy their work environment and have a xmas party, no let them stop what they are doing to serve you. I'm all for GGG taking their time to get it right, like he said, there is some stuff in the patch we don't know about so maybe they need additional time prepping the goodies.
"
Chris wrote:
"
EchoMending wrote:
So glad Chris could find it in his heart to take 5 seconds out of his day to write that down.

Looks like the patch might just in time to make Friday US time after all then. Not exactly a safe margin, but not like anyone was still expecting any sort of professionalism after the party debacle from yesterday, of course.

What was the party debacle? That we didn't cancel our annual Christmas party that occured after hours? I had no idea that people were angry at lack of communication because I was still working to our deployment timeline that we mentioned yesterday (i.e. during our Friday workday).

I'm sorry for the angry tone but I haven't had a lot of sleep this week making sure that this patch is awesome :)
So far cant tell if patch is awesome...
Spoiler

But

ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Last edited by Sexcalibure on Nov 28, 2013, 10:38:23 PM
I once inhaled a cigarr
"
Mudfall wrote:
"
I find it funny seeing just how many people think having an office party is "unprofessional". You all do realize that there are tons of companies out there that have them(yes this does include large companies).

dont think thats why the majority of the ppl is angry at. its the lack of communication. patch should have been out 2 days ago and we had 1 post since then saying they have problems. i understand that problems occur when u are programming and changing alot of data but for the love of chips, make a post... UPDATE the ppl with whats going on. this is the biggest problem of all in any game... the lack of dev -> audience communicatiion. they are probably working hard to get the patch up but u are saying they cant take 5 seconds of their time to make a post "sorry patch is delayed updateing agiain in 2 hours"...

The patch was originally scheduled for yesterday, never any earlier. It was mentioned it could come out today to avoid an incident like the previous patch. They found reason to believe a similar incident could occur, so it was delayed until today. It will come out today.

People really need to get a grip. Compared to someone like Blizzard, or any similar game I can think of, GGG does nothing short of a miraculous job of both communication and content updates.

Just because you WANT it quicker doesn't mean that GGG in any way has done anything wrong providing the updates they have and the release schedule they have.
"
EchoMending wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
"
EchoMending wrote:

It's irrelevant whether or not the party actually caused the delay or not — delaying a product launch and then posting pics of a party in progress will always result in giving off a bad message to many people.

That's why it's unprofessional.

This guy makes me laugh!
"
EchoMending wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
"
EchoMending wrote:

It's irrelevant whether or not the party actually caused the delay or not — delaying a product launch and then posting pics of a party in progress will always result in giving off a bad message to many people.

If this is unprofessional and the symbol of professionalism is the model companies like Blizzard and SOE who turn solid gold into crap like D3, Wow and EQ2 then I will choose the "unprofessional company" everyday
Pls take your time. Can't wait for patch and to buy the new cosmetic. Relax everybody, it'll be released.
Thursday in US is almost over and we still didnt see patch.
The delay really ruined my passion to buy today's deal. Nvm go suck it
Last edited by Thorthethunder2013 on Nov 28, 2013, 10:40:10 PM
"
EchoMending wrote:
"
Unknown_User wrote:
"
EchoMending wrote:

While your first statement might be true due to some people's inability to look past themselves and their own pettiness, your last statement suggests that you have no clue what professionalism is.

Professionalism is, among many other things, realising that you cannot delay a product launch while posting pics of the team participating in a party. This isn't rocket science, really.

It's not rocket science, but it's clearly something beyond your grasp. Just as GGG needn't compromise to those crying for a different game than they've produced, neither should GGG worry about the opinion of those who are too immature, selfish, or simply too short sighted to allow other humans to be humans and not their personal entertainment fulfillment robots.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info