Testing Idea Need Feedback Please

Trying to exploit an idea I got about Righteous Fire and Discharge.

Wanted to try an use Righteous Fire to it's max, but couldn't find a way to do, I'm currently testing a Ghost Reaver Idea with a straight Fire Witch, but recently discovered an idea with Discharge.

I know that Discharge isn't what it used to be, (Don't know specifics on stats and such or even how this game works in a lot of areas since I'm new) but if Righteous Fire is toggable (Unsure since I still haven't gotten my hands on this gem yet) and crit chance both affect Discharge, then couldn't we break this spell again or at least make both of them useful.

Using Max Fire Dmg Bonuses, AoE Range and Dmg Bonuses, 1 extra Endurance Charge Duration bonus, Ghost Reaver and max Fire Res and Rejuv Totem for Survivability.

Couldn't we use the Enduring Cry/Discharge Combo waiting to activate Righteous Fire til we activate Discharge, couldn't we instagib everyting or is this all hosh posh and a stupid idea?

Like I said, new to game, only been running melees, but wanted to try a witch and came up with this for Templar, taking no life % nodes as many ES nodes I could get while maxing Dmg, Burn Dmg and AoE dmg.

I sure hope Discharge is affected by crit chance and multiplier because this would be cool. Couldn't potentially insane amounts of damage =D

EDITED: Thanks to Simony for 5% more spell dmg and 1 extra unused point.
Using this build.

*Using Rejuv Totem to heal dmg when Es Runs out/ Using Ghost Reaver to regen ES to keep my Life intact/ Maxing Fire Rez as much as possible and caps using Flask and Elemental passive node/ Using AoE dmg buffs to increase range and dmg of Discharge and range on Enduring Cry/ and life as low as possible to reduce dmg taken from Righteous Fire for ES purposes/ Diamond Flasks for increased dmg if Crit applies to Discharge.*

I know it's risky and my mana pool problem would been an issue, but I'm thinking with the right gear this could be plausible. Any thoughts?
IGN: AuraMeThis
Did before it was cool:
Searing Bond Quad Curse
Consuming Dark/Bino's ED/Contagion
Last edited by armyguyclaude on Jan 2, 2013, 7:26:51 AM
well for one RF if you're using CI in case you were thinking that.
second is trhat all the gems are listed here:

RF isn't toggle able. you have to cast it and if you want ti to stop you either use a flask to put out the fire or you wait it out.
now with all that said there is away to get RF to run forever but i'll leave you to figuring out how ;)

Spoiler
Unavailable

Unavailable

glhf

great now i have to write more....
the burn damage will increase the damage you take as well, this might be a problem.
you need more dex
you lose resistances as you progress in game, you need more.
power charges are pointless without volls or power siphon.
you have no passives in crit chance so it will be VERY RARE to get a crit on discharge without using diamond flasks.

glhf.... again
So many build ideas... no time....
Last edited by Simony on Jan 2, 2013, 2:48:04 AM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
Wasn't planning on using CI but thanks for the tip.

And I Figure if this build work (dmg purposes) between Crit Flasks and Ruby Flasks and Dousing Applied) I should be able to Sustain the Righteous Fire Damage.

But it's good 2 know it's not Toggable and that it can be cancelled with Dousing.

Also Why would I need power charges as I only know of one way to get Power Charges (wands with power siphon) and it doesn't deal the damage I need with this build. Though the Alt damage would be nice.

Also why do I need more Dex?

Also if I apply a life leech gem to Discharge does the Burning effect that comes with Critting with a fire spell, will I gain life while the burning is applied or only when the initial Burst from Discharge happens?

Thanks for the input =D
Did before it was cool:
Searing Bond Quad Curse
Last edited by armyguyclaude on Jan 2, 2013, 2:59:31 AM
np lol

you're going to need to kill alot and quickly if you are using just flasks... might look into purity and discipline auras. could also look into inner force if you are going to use auras but keep in mind it will also increase the burn damage you take from RF

yeah i just noticed the powe charge you picked up in your tree and thought it was useless.

well dex is more for the gems and equipment it's not necessarily but just useful. you also talked about mana issues so with more dex you could use a mana leech gem.

i wanna say only initial but idk, good question.

glhf
Last edited by Simony on Jan 2, 2013, 3:12:11 AM
Yea I only took the power charge because it was the shortest path to the Body and Soul Tree in the Top Left corner. Otherwise I would have totally just not used it. But Voll's might be an idea if I can chain kill fast enough. But since I'll be doing so much casting I doubt the Charges would last til the next mob of monsters:p.

Thanks again dude for the help. I hope it works. Just got to get all the skills now :P and items lol.
Did before it was cool:
Searing Bond Quad Curse
so i got bored again and found a way to save a point and use another in a better way for your tree:

moved a point around in the witch area near the AoE part to increase spell damage instead of the 10 int

also you now have another point to use, changed the path of the tree near the mard area so it's faster

glhf
Last edited by Simony on Jan 2, 2013, 5:10:01 AM
Lol. Thanks dude. I knew I got you intrigued after you made more than 1 post ;). Interesting idea ain't it?

I just gotta get the gems to use it now and I'll be all set.

Just got to get Rejuv Totem, Purity, Discipline, and Righteous Fire and I'll be all set =D. WIsh me luck dude!

Also need Crit Flasks lol.

Got a 44 Dual Wield Non-Blood Magic Life Steal Maurader at the moment and haven't found any on him. :P
Did before it was cool:
Searing Bond Quad Curse

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info