Are we adding the stat that shows crit chance for spells?

at the moment there is no way to tell your crit chance on spells i was just wondering if they are planning on adding it or i have to find the math formula to do it myself
there is, just open you character window and select a spell and you should be able to see crit chance there among the stats(under the offense tab).
Its always in the last place you look
The crit chance on spells varies with spell, all you need to do to find it is open up the gem tooltip for the exact chance to crit with any spell. Also if you hover over the tooltip and enter your stat box, it will show the changes.

Basic help on crits - any bonuses you get are added as a percentile of your base critical chance for that attack. Note the word base. So if you have for argument's sake 10% chance to crit as a base on skill X, and gain an item Y that lets you have 50% bonus to crit globally/or for the spell (if the skill in question has a spell tag), you will have 15% chance to crit after the bonus is applied.

Also you have to know something about the 2 forms of crit modifier:

Global crit modifier applies to weapon attacks, skills, and spells.
Spell crit modifier applies only to spells. Not to your attacks.

Crit chance is also to be differentiated from crit multiplier - multiplier adds bonus % damage to critical strikes over and above the base 150%, while crit chance solely determines whether you critical or not.

It's a bit detailed but it's as simplified as I could present for you. I hope this helped.
1337 21gn17ur3
Last edited by ExiledToWraeclast on Dec 30, 2012, 3:57:02 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info