Question with regards to DoT mechanics.

Does DoT stacks with one another?

Example:
1)Viper Strike + Poison Arrow.
2)Fire Trap + Burning Arrow.
3) Mix of Burning and Chaos damage per second.

Would appreciate it if anybody knows.
Yes if they're from different sources.
So in your case:
1) Yes, those are different kinds of poison dot (viper strike has charges, PA does not).
2) No, burning doesn't stack, it is applied in order of highest dps and duration is not increased.
3) Yes, all forms of burn+chaosdot stack.

The one tricky case you might find is that the poison from the unique claw and the Adder's touch passive is the same as the poison from Poison Arrow, so those won't stack (but it requires weapon switching and other silliness).
"
pneuma wrote:
Yes if they're from different sources.
So in your case:
1) Yes, those are different kinds of poison dot (viper strike has charges, PA does not).
2) No, burning doesn't stack, it is applied in order of highest dps and duration is not increased.
3) Yes, all forms of burn+chaosdot stack.

The one tricky case you might find is that the poison from the unique claw and the Adder's touch passive is the same as the poison from Poison Arrow, so those won't stack (but it requires weapon switching and other silliness).

Thanks for the replied, I'm quite surprised that Viper Strike will stack with PA, I was using it against Overlord but I'm not sure if it works though I manage to kill it with PA and Viper strike.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info