Average Jewelers to 6 Socket & Divine This?

What was the average amount to get a 6 socket? I've used about 300-400 on this, and have yet to see it. Just trying to figure out an approximate average of how many more I can expect to use. And yes...I know RNG is RNG, just trying to ease my mind. Also, opinions on if I should divine? I know the flat damage is in tempered and on the lower end. I'm just not sure about the %. It definitely has the hybrid roll of 65-74, and so I believe that would put me in the 50-69 serrated phys roll. Strength and ias are both mid rolls and could go either way. Opinions?

IGN DanteAllighari - Standard
ArcTesla - Domination
DanteAlighari - Domination
Last edited by KaTet on Nov 18, 2013, 11:30:46 AM
Last bumped on Mar 29, 2016, 5:19:07 PM
I've 6-socketed about 15 items in my career and i'd say average lies close to 100/120 for me.
6 socketing an item is probably by far the most frustrating thing...

sometimes youll get it after the first 10-20

and other times around 300-400 in...

ive been on both ends...
"The problem with scrubcore is that it is full of of scrubs"
- King Edward the Longshanks
"
eebertay wrote:
6 socketing an item is probably by far the most frustrating thing...

sometimes youll get it after the first 10-20

and other times around 300-400 in...

ive been on both ends...

Very frustrating indeed. And I feel like 6s is a must, because of the chance of getting a 5L.
ArcTesla - Domination
also

i wouldnt divine that...

it would give you a MAX of 143 then if the brackets were hybrid and serrated...which sucks...

tyrannical alone is a 150-169....

id say just save your money, use it to lvl and save up for a higher ilvl to craft or get a mahori
"The problem with scrubcore is that it is full of of scrubs"
- King Edward the Longshanks
"
eebertay wrote:
also

i wouldnt divine that...

it would give you a MAX of 143 then if the brackets were hybrid and serrated...which sucks...

tyrannical alone is a 150-169....

id say just save your money, use it to lvl and save up for a higher ilvl to craft or get a mahori

Uhm, this maul has more dps than a marohi. I'll take this maul over a marohi any day. If I really want the increased aoe, I will use the gem. At 20% quality it has around 475 dps or so. So no thanks, I won't save up for a weapon with far less dps.
ArcTesla - Domination
Last edited by KaTet on Nov 18, 2013, 11:41:13 AM
At one point back in Closed Beta, GGG devs revealed that the ratio was 100:90:80:30:5:1, which meant that an item with 1 socket currently would have a 1/206 chance of becoming a 6-socket item (since the outcome with 100 shares was eliminated as a possibility); an item with 5 sockets already would have a 1/301 chance of getting six sockets. Over the long run, this means that the chances per Jeweler average to this:
30.19% chance 1-socket
28.50% chance 2-socket
26.51% chance 3-socket
12.15% chance 4-socket
2.21% chance 5-socket
0.45% chance 6-socket

On average, it should take about 223 Jeweler's Orbs to six-socket an item; this is the mean. The median is slightly different; it's 154 Jeweler's Orbs, which means although an average attempt takes 154 orbs, the attempts which do take more tend to take enough more to push the average orbs used to 223.

It is, however, possible that rates have changed since then.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Nov 18, 2013, 12:35:38 PM
6soketed 2items so far. first took 10jewelers and 16fusings to get 6link. second took 50jewelers and 100fusings and still counting on fusings.
Awesome thanks scrotie, just what I was looking for. Now to determine if I should divine. After looking through it, it appears I am somewhere between 56 and 65 out of the 50-69 on the phys % roll. By my calcuations I can roll up to 143%, a 14% increase, as well as increase the flat to between 33-57. To me this seems like I should definitely roll the divine. Thoughts?
ArcTesla - Domination
Added median info to that post, because I'm good with geometric distributions.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info