Laz's Level 95 CI Crit Physical Dagger Spectral Throw/Double Strike Build! W/ Gameplay Footage!

After I finished playing my ranger I decided to try out a build that I could go all out dps, kill any boss, do every mod (except blood magic :/) and with the help of my friends I was able to put together this build. Hope you enjoy!

Please read this before going on.
This build can be pretty expensive to have the best performance end game!

My Gear
Spoiler

Screen Shots

Frenzy ( With Melee Damage On Full Life + Multistrike )
Spoiler

Double Strike (With Melee Damage On Full Life + Multistrike )
Spoiler

Spectral Throw (With Added Fire Dmg)
Spoiler

Defence Sheet (No Charges + Granite)
Spoiler

Defence Sheet (Granite + Charges)
Spoiler

`````````````````````````````````Gameplay!`````````````````````````````````````

Double Megaera -Max Res, 50% Slower, Fleet 76 Crematorium Boss Fight!

Double Piety, -25 Res, No Regen. Take some nice damage in here!

Reflect Physical 77 Shrine Piety Fight! (Life Leech Gems)

Pros / Cons

Pros : Reflect isn't an issue. You can do any map, kill any boss, clear speeds are ridiculously fast you'll be easily carrying your group with this build. Reflect Elemental isn't an issue, Putting that out there if it wasn't obvious already.

Cons : In reflect map you will need to have endurance charges up and have to make sure to double granite on double reflect physical mobs. This build will require full use of all your links. So if you're the kinda player that likes to only press two skills till level 100 this build isn't for you. This is an expensive build to run.

Current Passive Tree

Reflect Physical Maps
Due to this build stacking so much Damage Reduction Blood Rage should cover you in reflect phys maps alone. I made it a habit on keeping up my endurance charges just because I like to play super offensive, which I will explain down below. You can still use Critical Weakness Curse depending on your gear in these maps.

Reflect Physical + Vulnerability Maps
In a map like this I suggest Keeping up Blood Rage, 4 Endurance Charges, And Granite depending on how big the pack is .What I'm suggesting is something I would recommend doing for 100% safety in maps. You will not instantly one shot yourself if you lets say, for exmaple forget to put on endurance charges. Critical Weakness Curse is not suggested to use in these kinda maps.

Double Reflect + Vulnerability Maps
This can obviously only happen when encountering a Reflect Physical Mob in a map. No Critical Weakness Curse, Max Endurance Charges and Double Granite before shooting into a Monster Pack.

Bandit Rewards

Normal : Kill All.
Cruel : Help Oak for the 18# Physical Damage
Merciless : Help Alira For the Power Charge.

Links, Pots, Gems, Auras, Misc

You would swap out Added Fire Damage for Life Leech in Reflect Physical Maps On Both Pieces.

Spectral Throw 6L
Spoiler
Power Charge On Critical , Faster Attacks, Added Fire Damage, Increase Critical Damage , Lesser Multiple Projectiles

Spectral Throw 5L
Spoiler
Power Charge On Critical, Added Fire Damage, Increase Critical Damage, Lesser Multiple Projectiles

Frenzy 4L
Spoiler
Faster Attacks, Multistrike , Melee Dmg on Full Life

Double Strike 4L
Spoiler
Faster Attacks, Multistrike, Melee Dmg On Full Life

Auras
Grace+Hatred+Reduced Mana
Grace and Hatred. Discipline will not help you as much as Grace does for Reflect Physical and Tanking in General. Hatred for the Physical Conversion & Constant Chilling/Shatter of monsters,rares.

Blood Rage
Blood Rage + Increased Duration + Enduring Cry.
I do suggest getting a 20 Quality Blood Rage ASAP.

Mobility
4Link
Spoiler
2L Lightning Warp + Reduced Duration

2L Critical Weakness + Enduring Cry

You would want Those 3 to be Linked and Run Critical Weakness Unlinked from those 3 to avoid raising the mana cost of it for no reason.

This is optional something I use in my group simply because I roll with a group of 4+ Bow Crit users and sometimes it hard for Melee to keep up. And sometimes also a good way to keep your powercharges up.
4L
Spoiler
Flicker Strike + Multistrike + Power Charge on Critical + Additional Accuracy

POTS

Double Granite For Physical Reflect, Double Quicksilver One with Remove Bleeding, Which Isn't really NEEDED but useful to have at times And the Dispels Shock Topaz. Reason I picked Topaz is for Bosses like Vaal,Dominus that shock you during fights so I thought it would be most useful pick.
The fire flask is only for the Crematorium Map Level 76 Boss Fight.

What to look for in your gear.
Spoiler

Keep in mind to try and balance out the resistance in your gear to be capped on Regular and Elemental Weakness Maps.

Chest
Spoiler
You want a chest with Evasion/Energy Shield. A good Carnal Armour is what you're looking to have for your end game. 600 EVA+/600 EV+

Shield
Spoiler
Archon Shield with at least 600+ Armour/200+ Es. Now the reason I pick Archon over EVA/ES Shields is because of the 24 All res Archon Shields over VS Thorns EVA/ES Shields have. But if you can manage the resistance then I say go for whatever you find best.

Rings/Amulets
Spoiler
Accuracy,Resist,Physical Damage, Life Leech/Mana Leech is a HUGE +

Boots
Spoiler
Rainbow Strides are best in slot. Or Good Energy Shield Boots with High es/Speed Resistance

Gloves
Spoiler
Maligaro's Virtuosity Are best in slot, Critical Damage, Critical Chance scales amazingly with this build.

Belt
Spoiler
Auxium, For the mana leech per power charge. Legacy or New will do the job. don't worry much about the Weapon Elemental Damage roll it won't scale good with your dps regardless.

Circlet
Spoiler
A pure 300+ ES Circlet With Accuracy will do, Of if you're really fancy try to go for a Eva/Es helmet with Accuracy

Dagger
Spoiler
Try to get the highest dps dagger you can afford.

Playstyle
Once you get into maps and you have all your end game gear on, You want to keep all your charges up, make sure to start making that a habit. Flicker Striking into mobs casting your curse and just spectral throw into mobs and watch them melt. Critical Weakness is your friend you will already have a high base crit chance, critical weakness is there for the extra crit multi.

Boss Fights.
For Bosses Like Margera (Map Level 76 Crematorium Boss) and The 3 Exiles (Map Level 78 Courtyard Bosses You would Replace Faster Attacks For Faster Projectiles and Kite and Destroy them for a Distance If played Safe and Right you can Kill them in no time without sometimes even being harmed.

Leveling
You can level up using your two main skills along the way, like I did when leveling this character.

It's best to just level up as a life based character till you can spec into CI At level 66+ I've Specced into life nodes that are along the way so you won't have to spend too many regrets getting out of them.

Level 1-46

Level 46-80

80-100

Some Questions you might have.
Spoiler

1. Why not got lowlife for the extra attack speed from Blood Rage?
a. The damage reduction loss you take with going lowlife isn't worth it end game.

2. Do you NEED Unwavering Stance, Vaal Pact, Iron Relfexes?
a. Yes, to all three. You want to be able to stand in the middle of packs and shoot and not get stunned locked till death, You wanna leech back instantly and you need Iron Reflexes for massive DR and better EVA scaling.

3. Why Dagger?
a. Because of the amazing dagger passives around the witch/shadow area.

Shout outs to people that helped with the build,guide,tree
Spoiler

Beastmode_Pt
Blastrophe
Green_Honey_Boo_Boo
TsunamiNH
Ventor
Compressible
Clan DPS!

I'm new to this so please..Cut me some slack. I'm still working on finishing up some pieces of gear myself being that I still have temporary pieces on and still working around on the tree. Will do my best to answer everyone's questions!

If you have any questions feel free to post here/pm/msg me in game.
always got my nike socks on just incase any of you fucks needa get DUNKED on.

when I use to ball hard : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBOGxTYvFlGJsHQIUHPLs5w
Last edited by MixedHerb on Jan 17, 2014, 11:38:04 AM
reserving this space to say stupid things.
Last edited by Oats_PT on Nov 18, 2013, 7:20:27 AM
That dagger is godly insane.
Bump for Laz! Looks sick dude keep chugging
IGN: _Treble || Path__Finder || Richest_Mule_NA || PM me if I am offline
My Items Shop:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/268002
Thanks guys!

when I use to ball hard : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBOGxTYvFlGJsHQIUHPLs5w
Added some gameplay footage! more to come

Leveled and play with him in high level maps on a daily basis and this build destroys EVERYTHING any boss any map mods its sick.
Shadow LA/Frenzy Crit Guide : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/470867 || Best Life Belt on PoE for Mirror : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/521100
IGN : Blastrophe
This ci version of my low life phys crit dagger spectral throw build is nice. Great for all around dps, survivability, and its also viable for pvp. Great job lazzie boy =D
ign: TsunaFishSandwich
<(*.*<)(>*.*)><(*.*<)(>*.*)><(*.*<)(>*.*)>
King Cone ~ You can't stop the cone!
This build is crazily strong. I would even go out to say best pve there is... Any mod any boss not a prob.. Apart from bm of course

When we are running high lvl meeps, with some insane mods, all of us will leave before the boss and laz would go in and own the boss like a baws..

And he ain't even got the complete gear for it yet.

Sure this build will be expensive.. But also tons and tons fun

Green_honey_boo_boo is my favourite south park character!

My Goddess Scorned crit ele cleave build @ 1076445
Last edited by turtleken on Nov 18, 2013, 12:41:38 PM
I really want to try this, but I have a few questions:

1) Will I be able to do this build with about 15 EX in currency to buy gear? (standard)

2) I never really played a character without Resolute Technique, Isn't chance to hit a problem later on?

Thanks!
IGN: Dewolff
Last edited by Dewolff on Nov 18, 2013, 12:29:11 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info