No lvl 28 cross-league pvp, Cross-league practice queue?

Official Ruling of cross-league tourney PvP: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/616321

So I was totally stoked when I was reading the 1.02 post saying cross-league pvp was a go, then I kept reading and due to many people complaining about fairness the decision for cross-league to be enabled was overturned. I can understand the discrepancy of fairness for high lvl pvp but, for lvl 28 its not as unfair and with the current population something has to change in order to attract people. At least allow cross-league pvp outside tournaments or just for practice matches.

The PvP prizes better be amazing because thats about the only way GGG will repopulate the low density servers aka HC. My guild is looking forward to winning all the HC lvl 28 pvp prizes and I already covered most the timezones when recruiting ; ) I would still prefer tough competition rather than smashing noobs.

Anyone else bothered by the news?

p.s. Dont tell me to drop to SC LLD. I spend alot of time trading and I dont want to deal with terrible SC econ, cross-league pvp was my messiah.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/616786
I Stream PvP Twitch.tv/GrindcoreTHRALL
THE STORY OF MY Descent into the Abysmal Afterlife( HC to SC, too Stronk!)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/346754
PK massacre, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldz09uBZ-ug
Last edited by GrindcoreTHRALL on Jan 28, 2014, 3:27:12 PM
I'll post what I messaged Aux in response to his post on the announcement thread.

"
I have no problem with league specific PvP if we had the population for it. But I think, for starters, PvP must be cross-league in order to grow the community.

And, even if we had the population, I'd much prefer PvP was cross-league and instead we had a legitimate MMR/TrueSkill/ELO rating system to keep matches even. Combine that with a ladder that could sort by league and we would have the advantages of both league specific PvP (bragging rights within your ladder) and cross-league PvP (larger population, faster matching, more even matches).

I would not mind league-specific Open PvP or PvP lobbies. After all that would facilitate the classic Diablo 2 custom games like U10 Hardcore Battle Royale.
Want to Fix the Economy, Bad Loot, Trade and Legacy PvP? pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/548056
Open Letter to Qarl on Crafting Value pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/805434
Biggest Problem with Mapping: Inconsistent Risk to Reward pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/612507
Last edited by Veta321 on Nov 15, 2013, 4:03:55 AM
I agree that a cross-league PvP system with ELO and league specific ladders could work. But in something like winner take all events (which I'm guessing is GGG's plan) it just would not end well for HC players.

Outside of these events, some sort of cross league PvP functionality would be great to merge populations.
Last edited by aimlessgun on Nov 15, 2013, 5:39:14 AM
Yeah, sad sad.

At least for unrated (read: not for ladder/tournaments) matches they should have given us the option to fight competitors from other leagues. Could maybe have pushed some peoples characters, as they could see what is possible in other leagues with more items (sc-leagues) or where you have to focus more on your build instead of outgearing your opponent (hc-leagues).

Too bad :(
Hold on to yer shite load o´ bloody barnacles on me arse-cockles, me hearty!

IGN: Trapsdrubel
"
aimlessgun wrote:
I agree that a cross-league PvP system with ELO and league specific ladders could work. But in something like winner take all events (which I'm guessing is GGG's plan) it just would not end well for HC players.

Outside of these events, some sort of cross league PvP functionality would be great to merge populations.

Agreed. Events and season ladders should be league specific while match making is cross-league.
Want to Fix the Economy, Bad Loot, Trade and Legacy PvP? pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/548056
Open Letter to Qarl on Crafting Value pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/805434
Biggest Problem with Mapping: Inconsistent Risk to Reward pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/612507
Last edited by Veta321 on Nov 15, 2013, 7:27:45 AM
Yeah, not having league independent PvP does nothing but separate the community even more. Sometimes people don't know what they want, and you have to show them. I mean if you're gonna bend on this you may as well bring back phase run and un-nerf everything ever nerfed :zzzz
its just nemesis/hardcore players scared they're going to get owned too hard.

really sucks that 10 newbs whining on the forums can change the minds of the devs just like that. Happens way too often lately.

WAHHHH i want koams, WAHHHH purity sucks now change plz!! WAHHHH i don't want to fight softcore chars cause ill get owned too bad unfair omg!!!

christ never seen such whiners.
IGN- FrOArrow
"
FearTHeFrO wrote:

really sucks that 10 newbs whining on the forums can change the minds of the devs just like that. Happens way too often lately.

WAHHHH i want koams, WAHHHH purity sucks now change plz!! WAHHHH i don't want to fight softcore chars cause ill get owned too bad unfair omg!!!

hey man I am from HC and I am not afraid lol. I do agree it seems like its mostly hc players contesting.

PLEASE PLEASE allow cross league pvp even if its unranked. There is many players that want it. Leave the tourneys as league specific since the prizes make it more serious. HC pvp population is too small to really be something that u can just do match after match. Maybe I am too use to guildwars 2, but fucking seriously I would rather have horribly unbalanced pvp as long as the god damn queue had people in it.

GGG you made it so you couldn't drop items in the arena, I know why you did this. Now just go through with cross league pvp as planned even if unranked. I am sick of just fighting guildies. The population in HC is screwed. Add 1 queue thats like 6v6 cross league ctf or something where all leagues can queue against eachother and it may even randomize teams so nemesis and domination league might be on the same team or SC and HC. It would be a HELL of a lot more fun than what is currently going on. GGG have you even looked at the queue? I mean seriously look at it, its not functional.

Please everyone be vocal and show some support, the only reason it got overturned is because AUX shit a 10 page argument on the 1.02 patch release quoting every single person who was against cross-league. Its time for a rebuttal.
"
"
FearTHeFrO wrote:

hey man I am from HC and I am not afraid lol. I do agree it seems like its mostly hc players contesting.

PLEASE PLEASE allow cross league pvp even if its unranked. There is many players that want it. Leave the tourneys as league specific since the prizes make it more serious. HC pvp population is too small to really be something that u can just do match after match. Maybe I am too use to guildwars 2, but fucking seriously I would rather have horribly unbalanced pvp as long as the god damn queue had people in it.

GGG you made it so you couldn't drop items in the arena, I know why you did this. Now just go through with cross league pvp as planned even if unranked. I am sick of just fighting guildies. The population in HC is screwed. Add 1 queue thats like 6v6 cross league ctf or something where all leagues can queue against eachother and it may even randomize teams so nemesis and domination league might be on the same team or SC and HC. It would be a HELL of a lot more fun than what is currently going on. GGG have you even looked at the queue? I mean seriously look at it, its not functional.

Please everyone be vocal and show some support, the only reason it got overturned is because AUX shit a 10 page argument on the 1.02 patch release quoting every single person who was against cross-league. Its time for a rebuttal.

wat you mean you would rather actually play other people (even if its somewhat unfair) than not play anybody at all cause theres no ques? ur insane bro that makes no sense at all!

pretty sure the 10 people whining in that thread dont even pvp in the first place which kinda sucks.
IGN- FrOArrow
how can u not understand what I mean? Are you telling me you would prefer to sit in queue all day and think you are the best pvper around but without any population to test your skills against? What I mean is, I would rather go against SC population as a HC player even though its speculated as unfair since they have better gear. Anything at this point as long as I can get a damn challenging match.
Last edited by GrindcoreTHRALL on Nov 15, 2013, 7:10:35 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info