Can't drop items on cursor.

Happened to me twice. Both times in a map, I had a mostly full bag. I picked up an item with my inventory open and was intending to swap it with a piece of trash and drop it. It wouldn't let me drop the item, so I couldn't move and couldn't portal. I had to log out. Upon logging in, the item was still on my cursor, so nothing was lost except a portal to get into the map.
Last bumped on Apr 10, 2018, 10:53:34 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I just encountered this same issue..in a corrupted instance..
same happened to me, but cant recall the exact circumstances
This is happening to me right now. I'm in Waste Pool on Zana mission in Grotto map. I cant dropp the item or put it in my inventory since it's almost full. I Would like som help to get this sorted since i dont wanna miss out on the Zana qust by logging out. Ill stay where i am for now and hope that you can give me a quick respons.
happened here, too.
could not drop a scepter and not pick up anything else or change it so something in the inventory. could not even open a portal with right clicking. so I had to log out and log in again.
the scepter was on my cursor after logging in, but I could drop it in town immediately and get rid of it.
went back to the map (zana mission in a map) and had no problems with any other items there.

bugreport & screenshot:

or:
http://imgur.com/a/z9fZi

Last edited by PopeJo on Nov 10, 2015, 2:19:20 PM
There is no room to drop it. Your loot filter is probably hiding the pile of junk loot taking up all the ground space.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
mark1030 wrote:
There is no room to drop it. Your loot filter is probably hiding the pile of junk loot taking up all the ground space.

Obviously. That doesn't mean that we should be able to get ourselves into a situation where the only solution is to log out. There's got to be a way to prevent it.
Regardless of your felling on the matter it's not a bug, there is no physical space in the area you are trying to drop the item...it dose not preclude you from moving and dropping it where there is space...just click an area with nothing and move there and drop the item.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
It does seem wrong that you can pick up an item but there is no room to drop the same item. The pickup radius must be bigger than the drop radius.

There is a destroy function too that I guess works. Never used it, but I think it's /destroy to destroy an item on your cursor.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
my reccent occouring of this bug

i also had to do a relog

see also this https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1101377 other thread which belongs to this ages old bug but only occouring very rarely but still anyoing
Last edited by Rob2655 on May 23, 2016, 9:08:52 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info