Open PVP/PKing Outside of Cut throat

I've played quite a few MMORPGs. Having Open PVP/PKing in leveling areas really would add another dimension of the game. Not every area should be "PVP enabled" but having numerous areas that allow open pvp/pking brings excitement to the game and keeps people more invested into improving their character. It also helps create a sense of community and drives people to form guilds and friendships. There should be a penalty for PKing without the other person attacking someone such as dropping an item when dying. Dying and/or doing a quest should remove this penalty. Of course there's risk of some very high level player(s) picking on lower levels but it creates community as people form together to kill such players. Lineage 2 does this well (although not perfectly).

There should be a risk-reward model in which exp is doubled in such areas (which most MMORPGs with open pvp mistakenly don't do)
Last edited by TheUnknown on Nov 30, 2012, 11:56:43 AM
CutThroat Leagues will be PvP everywhere, that's all.
Anyone who wants world pvp can play cutthroat.
The only people who would benefit from this would be those that want to "pick on" people who don't want world pvp.
IGN: Jerk, Princess

http://orbswap.info - the easy way to trade currency
"
taekvideo wrote:
Anyone who wants world pvp can play cutthroat.
The only people who would benefit from this would be those that want to "pick on" people who don't want world pvp.

I don't necessarily agree, I do enjoy open zone pvp, however, I do think there's a good chance for said zone pvp, but likely, its not on the todo list before open beta, possibly not even before release honestly. It all depends how much effort pvp warrants from the devs.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info