Login Questions,Steam account Help?

So I've been playing POE through steam for a couple days now.

But I wanted to change that by downloading the stand alone client.

But i have a couple questions before I do that.

1.Is there an option to login through steam on the stand alone client?

2.If i cant login through steam on the stand alone client, can i not access my account or any of my characters that I started though steam?

Thank you for your time
Did you make your account on the Steam client, or did you make your account here, then Link it with Steam through the Manage Account -> Steam section of this website?

Do you have an email address and password that you use to log into this site? It this site account linked to the same Steam account?

Based on that information (depending on the results) you should be able to use either Steam or Stand-Alone if the account is set up correctly. Otherwise, it has a more difficult time.
Well I made my account through steam, I clicked the " Login Through Steam" button.

Also I just downloaded the stand alone client and I see no way of using my steam account with it..

Is there a way I can make an email and password for this account that has all my stuff, I just check and it says "this account is connected through steam"
I'm not entirely sure to be honest.

You might want to email support about it using the address in the Contact Support link at the top of the page.

I think you might have to create a normal account here, then "link" it to the Steam account, and have support re-link the accounts correctly for you since the Steam accounts don't actually have a user-defined password.

I recommend new users create an account here first, then use the Manage Account -> Steam screen to attach it to Steam. Then they can play both ways. If you started with a Steam account though, I'm not sure of any other way of converting that to a "normal" account that is linked to Steam.
Yup, just tried to make a new account to give it an email and password, then link it to my steam account, it just deleted everything.
"
Tenor2guy wrote:
Yup, just tried to make a new account to give it an email and password, then link it to my steam account, it just deleted everything.

It overwrote it.

You need to contact support as well to get them to re-link your accounts properly.
"
Drakier wrote:
"
Tenor2guy wrote:

It overwrote it.

You need to contact support as well to get them to re-link your accounts properly.

Yeah i just shot them an email about the situation.

Kinda blows, my other account "Cuuube" is now deleted, maybe they can roll it back or something..i dont know.

Anyways, thank you for your help.
"
Tenor2guy wrote:
Yeah i just shot them an email about the situation.

Kinda blows, my other account "Cuuube" is now deleted, maybe they can roll it back or something..i dont know.

Anyways, thank you for your help.

It's not deleted.. it's just not linked to the right place anymore. They can fix it all up for you.
Last edited by Drakier on Oct 31, 2013, 7:04:45 PM
does anyone know, how long it takes for support to send an email back?

I really hope im not screwed at this point.
"
Tenor2guy wrote:
does anyone know, how long it takes for support to send an email back?

I really hope im not screwed at this point.

You're not screwed. They can almost always reverse these.

Support is just a bit backed up due to launch. It can take a couple of days, although response times have slowly been improving as they're working through their backlog. Just have to be patient.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info