Kiting: Is it possible?

"
SL4Y3R wrote:
Ummm. I don't have a shield and the only person who can consistently beat me is Mouze. I win otherwise.

DWing has a 15% block rate. It seems like nit-picking, but play anything but an archer or a caster and the 15% block rate is noticeable enough
Many of these complications could be amended if skill cooldowns were a determining factor. Basically, a separate cooldown on all types of mobility skills to curtail the ease which with tank-like regeneration capable characters can both survive and 'reset' an exchange with little or no cost. Assuming that level of 'radical' change won't happen then a partial solution could be the introduction of a slow arrow/projectile which does have a substantial cooldown period (with sufficient opportunity range is probably advantaged) so as to require appropriately judicious use.
"
Yewthane wrote:
Many of these complications could be amended if skill cooldowns were a determining factor. Basically, a separate cooldown on all types of mobility skills to curtail the ease which with tank-like regeneration capable characters can both survive and 'reset' an exchange with little or no cost. Assuming that level of 'radical' change won't happen then a partial solution could be the introduction of a slow arrow/projectile which does have a substantial cooldown period (with sufficient opportunity range is probably advantaged) so as to require appropriately judicious use.

CDs belong in MMO's. Not ARPGs.

Substitute this for a spammable skill that has a % chance to TRULY immob someone, and we have a start.
Arena size comment: there are two arenas that I sort of feel like I can do something in: the beach arena and the one with all those short wooden stake walls. Every other arena is pretty bad. There are a couple with workable kite paths, but they are limited obvious kite paths which allows the enemy to just trap the fuck out them after they see what you're doing.

Experimented with Lightning Arrow for one match to see if I could use it to nail people hiding behind pillars (need to try poison arrow as well). It worked, but there has to be a wall like right behind the pillar so in a larger map ironically it would be even harder to flush people out.

I also tried putting in a weapon swap to a fast rapier for whirling blades action. The swap seems quite awkward though, there's like an action delay so the transition of shoot > wepswap > whirl is not very smooth. Doesn't seem great for kiting, just a niche use to get out of bear traps really.

Also tried frost wall since I do have 45% increased duration from passives and then another 50% from the support. But it's honestly incredibly useless when you can leap/whirl/flicker over it.

Also tried lightning warp, (also talked about this in the lightning warp thread). As long as it telegraphs where you are going to the enemy, it cannot be a legitimate defensive PvP skill.
Last edited by aimlessgun on Nov 19, 2012, 3:41:06 PM
Bows simply are not viable, at the moment, in pvp. At least relative to EVERY other class/spec, you are the definition of "glass cannon" with no escape or mobility.

Bows need some kind of gimmick or ability that enables you to keep enemies at a range. Possibly grant Rain of Arrows an immobilize?
Seems like a pretty good idea, considering that Rain definitely need something to make it less crappy and boring. And it would take some skill to land in PvP. Though they'd have to fix the whole "Whirling Blades lets you escape everything ever" thing as well.
Last edited by aimlessgun on Nov 20, 2012, 4:00:40 PM
"
aimlessgun wrote:
Seems like a pretty good idea, considering that Rain definitely need something to make it less crappy and boring. And it would take some skill to land in PvP. Though they'd have to fix the whole "Whirling Blades lets you escape everything ever" thing as well.

I'm relatively sure that's an oversight in pvp skills, as I mentioned it to Rori and he mentioned he would talk with the balance team about it.
You can do pretty well with bow in pvp. You just need to look wider of all opportunities and tips and tricks. You need to grab Bear trap, Temporal chains and ranged attack totem. Place traps and totem to hit enemy player and slow him with chains. You can do that with any class.:)
"
SolomonAbram wrote:
You can do pretty well with bow in pvp. You just need to look wider of all opportunities and tips and tricks. You need to grab Bear trap, Temporal chains and ranged attack totem. Place traps and totem to hit enemy player and slow him with chains. You can do that with any class.:)

I adress this in the post. Enemies will use bear trap as much as you, and it hurts bow users more than others because bow users dont have a way to get out of it.

Chains will be on you as well as the enemy, obviously.

level 1 arctic armour combined with duration is very strong on many occasions against mele as a caster, the chill is not dispellable (practically speaking) and is not based on your damage and best of all... it is almost free

Edit: It is also a very rage inducing skill when combined with high level 20q temp chain vs those who dont bother getting dispel flasks.

Curse temp-> run in tight circles around your newb enemy-> read local pvp chat and laugh
Sugarpuff level 86 witch default laugue
Last edited by sugarpuff on Apr 3, 2013, 5:49:33 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info