[Open] so what about scaling HP to solve 1-2 hit combat?

well alot korean mmo's using scaling Hp and dmg reduction /coldown increase

what about give for ex.extra 10k hp for players in pvp ? or extra energy shield for CI users
10000hp its example ... maybe scale hp/es with 2x 5x in pvp? instead extra base hp?

i played alot mmo games using this system and its work great for pvp matches just need find right Hp value to balance it ...well energy shield would make some problems .. also hp regen and potions should need some rescaling , but its possible for do

or just reduce all dmg by 50% modifier in pvp or something ... or just depends values on diffrent skill but thats alot of testing and balaning ^^

Well 1-2 hit combat isnt so fun (would be nice if you need some time and skills for kill oponent) :P also if fight would be too long thats not good

well maybe this should work just need find magic values :p

btw what about some score tab? frags , dmg done, dmg recieved , deaths , etc?

IGN KotsaPL
There's already a pvp penalty.
All damage is reduced by ~92% in high lvl pvp, less in low lvl.
IGN: Jerk, Princess

http://orbswap.info - the easy way to trade currency
You sure? so ppl got hits for like 100k?? if they can 2 hit 3k life?

well so only point is rescale HP in pvp add something like extra 10k maybe 20k base hp ... also adjust energy shield then
IGN KotsaPL
"
kotsapl wrote:
You sure? so ppl got hits for like 100k?? if they can 2 hit 3k life?

well so only point is rescale HP in pvp add something like extra 10k maybe 20k base hp ... also adjust energy shield then

2 shotting 3k life requires 1500 per hit, which is ~19k per hit, not 100k, and yes plenty of people can hit for 19k+, especially when they pop diamond flasks.
IGN: Jerk, Princess

http://orbswap.info - the easy way to trade currency
The issue more lies with skills that can't be dodged/blocked and ignore armor. Also when i say ignore armor, I mean both chaos damage and phys damage so high armor is basically and practically ignored.

Viper strike, bear trap, a strong Flicker, Erqi users, arc etc can all basically get to the point where their damage is relatively unresistable by any conventional means
Last edited by EpsiIon on Nov 13, 2012, 8:26:30 PM
This so called "balance" would unfairly advantage kiters and ranged players over melee.

The "uber farmer" is probably not going to be any good in PVP at all. That's the way it should be.

The only balance needs to come from the players making builds that work in PVP. That is the only thing that is going to work in this game, the skill system is just too complex.

You can't expect every build/skill to work in PVP. Some will be better for PVP, some for PVE. This is the nature of things that are different!

Also, a quick game is a good game.
There is PVP damage scaling. Go check out the mechanics thread. There's a formula for it. I don't think we need any more "free defenses" for players in PVP, as then they'll just become a tank fest.

If you're being 1-2 hit in PVP, then there's a severe gear/level difference or your build just plain sucks. Or it just sucks for PVP. Or it's being countered.

Without more specific information on your bulid and the match-up that's OHKOing you, it's hard to say.
My Keystone Ideas: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/744282
Last edited by anubite on Nov 13, 2012, 11:27:26 PM
"
anubite wrote:
There is PVP damage scaling. Go check out the mechanics thread. There's a formula for it. I don't think we need any more "free defenses" for players in PVP, as then they'll just become a tank fest.

If you're being 1-2 hit in PVP, then there's a severe gear/level difference or your build just plain sucks. Or it just sucks for PVP. Or it's being countered.

Without more specific information on your bulid and the match-up that's OHKOing you, it's hard to say.

4.2k hp, 43k armor with granites, 12k without, 80% resist all; I have been one shot multiple times by single bear traps, and a certain flicker witch.

It has nothing to do with "loll2p" as you keep attempting to state. High Phys damage basically ignores armor, meaning that they are just one shotting people. RT/Spells ignore evasion. The balance leans so heavily in Open PvP towards CI/HP+High Regen, that if you want to be competitive, these two specific skills/combos are an absolute must due to the fact that basically, none of the defenses/mitigation except Resists work in a consistent and reliable manner.
Last edited by EpsiIon on Nov 14, 2012, 8:41:34 AM
"
It has nothing to do with "loll2p" as you keep attempting to state.

I never said this once. Don't put words in my mouth.

Secondly, if bear trap is the problem, or armor is the problem - then that's what should be addressed. Suddenly giving people free life and energy shield when they jump into PVP is too drastic and would hurt the balance of PVP overall. This is what I wanted to get at. If you're actually being one-shot and you have massive defense investment, as you appear to claim, then there is something wrong with these mechanics, or how criticals work, or how something works in pvp - adding life/energy shield is only going side-step these issues, which are the real things that should be examined and explored.
My Keystone Ideas: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/744282
Last edited by anubite on Nov 14, 2012, 9:29:13 AM
"
anubite wrote:

"
anubite wrote:

"
anubite wrote:

"
anubite wrote:
or your build just plain sucks.

I'm not putting words in your mouth. You simply aren't thinking when you reply. Also, that's the point of the thread. There is something WRONG with how the mechanics are interacting, meaning defensive measures besides HP/ES just aren't effective. You can't come in here, knowing generally nothing other then whats in the thread, and start throwing stuff like "You're build sucks" around. It just makes you look ignorant.

Instead, attempt to assume that people here are not bitching for no reason. Just because it isn't lvl 28 pvp, doesn't mean it shouldn't be balanced, discussed, or thought upon. Open pvp, arguably, needs the MOST attention.
Last edited by EpsiIon on Nov 14, 2012, 9:39:08 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info