Arc

Would rather deal with 5 arc totems then spark-insta-gib
"
Ows wrote:
I also don't like a speel that can't be dodged. And I'm a lightining caster.

Talking about resistances;
Physical dmg can be reduced easily by 40-more% but it will be very hard to reach more than 60% I think.
Elemental dmg can be reduced by 75%/85% resistances..the penetration gem just simply let elemental builds deal more than 15-25% of their dmg in pvp. On the other hand elemental weakness and the new elemental curses will probably make the resistances of the cursed target close to zero in combination with the penetration gems..but hey..curses cost a lot of mana, they're temporary without passives, and more importantly there are flasks to avoid them.

In conclusion the amount of reduction you can get to protect from elemental dmg seem now similiar to the one you can get from physical dmg, wich is good IMHO. Curses are extremely good, but I think everyone will have at least 2 anti-curse flasks in pvp, for these curses, for temporal chains.. etc. So: it's balanced!

Actually, I can recast curses over and over. You will run out of warding flask charges quick.

"
SL4Y3R wrote:
"
Ows wrote:
I also don't like a speel that can't be dodged. And I'm a lightining caster.

Talking about resistances;
Physical dmg can be reduced easily by 40-more% but it will be very hard to reach more than 60% I think.
Elemental dmg can be reduced by 75%/85% resistances..the penetration gem just simply let elemental builds deal more than 15-25% of their dmg in pvp. On the other hand elemental weakness and the new elemental curses will probably make the resistances of the cursed target close to zero in combination with the penetration gems..but hey..curses cost a lot of mana, they're temporary without passives, and more importantly there are flasks to avoid them.

In conclusion the amount of reduction you can get to protect from elemental dmg seem now similiar to the one you can get from physical dmg, wich is good IMHO. Curses are extremely good, but I think everyone will have at least 2 anti-curse flasks in pvp, for these curses, for temporal chains.. etc. So: it's balanced!

Actually, I can recast curses over and over. You will run out of warding flask charges quick.

Which is why you need ones that give you immunity over a decent duration =P
IGN: Jerk, Princess

http://orbswap.info - the easy way to trade currency
For what I've seen duels end quickly with one of the player who dies; So will you have time to re-cast them? Remember that flasks give you immunity for (3?) seconds as well..
from Italy
"
Ows wrote:
For what I've seen duels end quickly with one of the player who dies; So will you have time to re-cast them? Remember that flasks give you immunity for (3?) seconds as well..

A granite will give you immunity for 4.8 seconds.
Health flasks can go much longer as long as your hp doesn't cap (at which point they stop immediately).

"
Ows wrote:

Duels can last well over the minute mark, even to the point of 5x draws with no kills occuring, between ES users or Maras. Between whirl/leap HP/ES regen, if they don't WANT to die, there is absolutely no way to kill someone. Except possibly flicker and puncture. Running away and kiting with the aforementioned skills is so highly effective its laughable. They can even run while immobilized.
Last edited by EpsiIon on Nov 12, 2012, 1:03:40 PM
Right..

So let's say you cast your warding flask. I run away for a couple seconds recast. You're going to be constantly using your flasks away while I use nothing.

Guess who will run out quicker.
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
Right..

So let's say you cast your warding flask. I run away for a couple seconds recast. You're going to be constantly using your flasks away while I use nothing.

And they temp chains you, so you have to pop a warding flask too in order to run away.

"
taekvideo wrote:
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
Right..

And they temp chains you, so you have to pop a warding flask too in order to run away.

Whirling blades and Leap Slam disagree.
"
EpsiIon wrote:
"
taekvideo wrote:
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
Right..

Whirling blades and Leap Slam disagree.

Somehow I doubt a witch will have enough ias to move very fast under temp chains with either of those, assuming they're even allowed to use them.

Now if you had a high ias shadow using ele dmg curses they might be able to pull that off, but then it'd still be curse vs curse, and ele weakness curses aren't really better than temp chains.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info