0.9.13d Patch Notes

"
Chameleon wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
Version 0.9.13d

Fixed a bug that could cause special chests to spawn far too often in some areas.

I must have missed those areas cause I was going to ask if they were spawning at all and if so, where.

On my latest runthrough - I got 2 (on different runs) in the Lower Prison, ship graveyard cave (1), Caverns of Wrath 1 in each cavern. Now except possibly for the Lower Prison once the boss was killed I got no chests. I did notice one thing, except for my very first special chests in the Lower Prison where I got 5 jewels (RNG must have gone nuts), they were all lots of junk whites, scrolls, a few blues.

With chests being more rare, it would be good if the quality of items would improve a bit and that occur after the boss is killed with the same frequency as before the boss was killed.
^ I have to agree. 95% of the chests that I find are filled with white garbage. Perhaps the RNG needs to be tweaked?? I was under the impression that big chests were rare and as such, such drop RARE stuff.
The Pope quit, a meteor fell on Russia, an
asteroid came close to the earth, there's snow
in Arizona, star wars and star trek have the
same director! Who the hell is playing jumanji?
I agree with the above. I would expect these bigger chests should yield some rares. Got 0 so far.
I've played through a new character (currently in Ruthless Act II) since the addition of random chests and I have seen 2. If just the Dweller of the Deep chest was still there, I would have seen 3. Not sure where they were spawning too often, but I haven't been seeing them. Perhaps I need to do full clears more often.
How Fusings Work: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/38585/page/3#p1451934

IGN: TheHammer
Last edited by TehHammer on Nov 6, 2012, 9:55:38 AM
Edit: Decided to also put this at the front of this post for ease of GGG reading.. :D

Don't want guaranteed shit. THat was the WORST move that ToG's developer did. DON'T DO THAT, GGG.
Just wondering if it's at all possible to slightly tweak the quality (not quantity since enough stuff drops as it is XD) of large chests so they aren't just chests/pots/crates/etc 2.0.

"
TehHammer wrote:
I've played through a new character (currently in Ruthless Act II) since the addition of random chests and I have seen 2. If just the Dweller of the Deep chest was still there, I would have seen 3. Not sure where they were spawning too often, but I haven't been seeing them. Perhaps I need to do full clears more often.

Same as you and the others, somewhat.

I leveled multiple different characters through normal and cruel, and one from cruel to completion of merciless and only ran into two chests total.

RNG has massive hatred for me. Especially because one of my alts was ridiculously fun so I'd end up full-clearing just about everything. :(

Rare chests is a good thing. But when RNG decides it absolutely hates you, it REALLY REALLY REALLY sucks that nothing but whites, a couple of blues, and some portal/wisdom scrolls drops when you do actually find one. Especially if you only managed to actually find one chest during a level up from normal to end game.

I wonder what those of us who hated (or should I say: hate) The Other Game for that same bullshit thinks about this.... :P

And not to mention magical enemies apparently guard the chests (I guess? The two chests I found were surrounded by them. XD)

Edit:
Because I know there are some extremely ridiculous people who play.

I don't want free shit. I'm explicitely talking about how much it sucks to go through the effort of finding the chests, killing the mobs that are there, only to find out that... it was just a huge waste of time. I play ARPGs to waste time, sure. But it really sucks when even my time wasting is being wasted by bullshit.

Don't want guaranteed shit. THat was the WORST move that ToG's developer did. DON'T DO THAT, GGG.
Just wondering if it's at all possible to slightly tweak the quality (not quantity since enough stuff drops as it is XD) of large chests so they aren't just chests/pots/crates/etc 2.0.
"In a state of physical balance and security, power, intellectual as well as physical, would be out of place."
- H. G. Wells, The Time Machine
Last edited by Sairven on Nov 6, 2012, 10:21:26 AM
Total bummer about the chests, I came across more special chests recently than anytime prior to that patch combined! However I do agree w/ the above posters as well, those chests, although numerous for me, dropped total garbage for the most part. Tons of white, a few scrolls, maybe an orb if I was lucky, some blues that got immediately vendored, not rares or uniques though :(. I have fortunately had a couple of unique drops from plain monsters however, and my yellow drop rate has been decent. At least for my lv 34 HC Ranger I started with 0.9.13. I would love to see those special chests drop something... special! :)
Speaking of special chests.

I know it sounds crazy, but what if these large chests were the only thing in the game (aside from vendor) that gave a chance of dropping shards (transmutation, alteration, alchemy (rarer chance as you go from trans to alch))?

Just a little something to make them not just chest/pot/barrel/crate 2.0.

And as far as better quality goes, maybe even add like, 5 IIR to them or something?

It just doesn't make sense for magical enemies to be guarding something that isn't all that worthwhile (RNG, of course, could decide it wants all the things to be rare drops... but that's unlikely lol). Especially when that something is in a special, specifically sculpted room all by itself.
"In a state of physical balance and security, power, intellectual as well as physical, would be out of place."
Last edited by Sairven on Nov 6, 2012, 12:31:47 PM
I would even settle for adding guidelines for the chest that would promise at least 10% qual items or better. "Or better" of course being higher qual items, magic, rare, uniques, and currency.

I would opt for no white items at all, but that is narrowing the field too much, and specific whites can actually be useful toward later progression.
...narf
"
I would even settle for adding guidelines for the chest that would promise at least 10% qual items or better. "Or better" of course being higher qual items, magic, rare, uniques, and currency.

I would opt for no white items at all, but that is narrowing the field too much, and specific whites can actually be useful toward later progression.

Eh. Guaranteed good drops would mean "FARM THIS" to a lot of people.

And we don't want to do what ToG's developer constantly does: Go too far over or too far under trying to find a medium when all they had to do the whole time is... actually go for the lower middle.

It just needs a tiny adjustment. No need to crank the loot-meter up to 100.

Right now, it is at the way low low low mark (very close to the far under mark). Just needs the slightest of tweaks. Also have to take into consideration that there are magical enemies guarding the chest, whom our IIR and IIQ does, in fact, affect.
"
Chris wrote:

Chat and party health bars now don't draw over the top of vendor windows.

I would like that to happen also with my own inventory and stash tabs.
Playing since 0.9.2g

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info