Cast on Crit Party Crashers.

So there are folks who are using GMP, Spectral Throw, and Cast on Crit to cause skill spam on a level so intense that its forcing entire parties to get booted from PoE.

Playing with it myself I was able to get skills like Discharge, spark, or Arc to trigger many times per throw. Then I ran into people throwing many more projectiles at much higher speed using more system intensive skills like Freezing Pulse or Arctic Breath and its taxing the engine to the point where framerates drop to zero and the software takes that as a queue to drop to login.
"If they actually showed gameplay with it zoomed out and then zoomed it in for the real one I think there would be actual riots in the street. I think that people would burn the building down."
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
IlluminaBlade wrote:
So there are folks who are using GMP, Spectral Throw, and Cast on Crit to cause skill spam on a level so intense that its forcing entire parties to get booted from PoE.

Playing with it myself I was able to get skills like Discharge, spark, or Arc to trigger many times per throw. Then I ran into people throwing many more projectiles at much higher speed using more system intensive skills like Freezing Pulse or Arctic Breath and its taxing the engine to the point where framerates drop to zero and the software takes that as a queue to drop to login.

Thing is that isn't even slightly close to just how bad it can get, and I can imagine someone trying to use something like:

Spell totem - Spark - Fork - Greater Multiple Projectiles - Lesser multiple Projectiles - faster Casting in a 6 socket staff

Cast on Hit - Spark - Fork - Greater Multiple Projectiles - Lesser multiple Projectiles - Fireball in 6 socket body armor

Faster Casting - Spark - Fork - Greater Multiple Projectiles in a 4 slot such as helm

Spectral throw - cast on hit - Great Multiple Projectiles - Lesser multiple Projectiles in another 4 socket such as boot

cast on hit - ice nova - firestorm - shock nova in last 4 socket such as gloves

Not even sure it would work tbh.... but if it does then that is pretty much a assured party wide d/c, kill or crash. Totem and you both spamming screen filling forking sparks and every time your hit...... you again fire lots of screen filling masses of forking sparks & fireballs, 2 novas, firestorm and masses of spectral weapons.

Even if it wasn't a party killer of frame rates that caused d/cs and bringing all but maxxed out sytems to their knees... its blinding and quite honestly hurts the eyes as the screen pulses like a strobe light.

I really wish GGG would address the particle effects and tone them way down because some builds can just go beyond overkill with them to the point its unplayable. This is one player that is able to do that... can you imagine 3 or 4 doing so intentionally.
Last edited by Jiero on Oct 28, 2013, 2:35:44 AM
You don't actually understand how the cast on crit gem has to be linked do you.
It has to be connected directly to an attack.
"If they actually showed gameplay with it zoomed out and then zoomed it in for the real one I think there would be actual riots in the street. I think that people would burn the building down."
"
IlluminaBlade wrote:
You don't actually understand how the cast on crit gem has to be linked do you.
It has to be connected directly to an attack.

yes I do, though after 2 am and with a few rewrites its easly to lose the point of what I was saying. I was saying cast on damage taken is likely worse then cast on crit in this case if you can survive standing in the line of fire in reference to causing party wide disconnects and mass desync because its easy/cheap/reliable to suddenly spike..... cast on crit I posted about a potential infinite loop of auto casting with massive spikes in some crit based builds that can inflict this as well.
Last edited by Jiero on Oct 28, 2013, 6:46:53 PM
I want to put it this way. I am pretty sure - glancing at Median XL - that such builds are encouraged and the reason these gems were introduced, they offer the possibility to ramp difficulty in endgame content in way where you have to stop thinking of one-dimensional builds. i mean by that, using a skill, getting a weapon to increase damage, getting passive nodes to further increase the damage. it makes it possible to create two-dimensional builds which can extend the damage done by one-dimensional builds by a lot,which is actually as well archived by lets say flicker strike or discharge, dealing what? 50k-100k or something.

My solution would rather be a change of animation of freezing pulse for example at a certain castrate since you wont see it clearly anyway.
i am using such build myself with EK. since the video "i broke path of exile" came out people are just really interested how things work, damage and such. When i ask about my build causing desync or fps loss noone ever tells me they are having trouble. well, the animation of EK standart skin is not very exiting, but i guess thats exactly the reason it works really well when procced a lot. besides there are a lot of other party crashers out there, dual fireball gmp totems, with chain at the worst.

at the bottom line poe just started to get REALLY interesting, i have been waiting for procs so long, character creation gets a depth which only median xl offered before.
Last edited by Pendulu on Oct 29, 2013, 6:53:56 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info