[Open]High lvl PvP Feedback

Hi, my character's name is Darne. lvl 70 Duelist, I just have some feedback about even-matched PvP in Merciless.

I played about 12 matches last night, I lost to every match. It was a blast, just thought I would post some thoughts about it.

Going against a summoner is really, really hard. Temp chains is evil, very effective against me. If I can get around all the zombies and get at them, I will win. FS helps move around even with temp chains on me.

Marauders are difficult, they seem to be more resilient than any other class. Viper strike is a great skill to use against them. A lot of hit and run though, as my armour rating doesn't seem to be enough.

I started playing against my brother, Boradafye, we are the same lvl, been playing together for a while. We know how each other plays, making very good matches.

I have about:

3k DPS Dual Strike+Viper strike
11k Armour with IR
Unwavering Stance
Blood magic
2khp

He is a lvl 70 Maruader:

2500 DPS Lightning strike + Culling strike
5k armour
RT
3.5k HP

The fights were really close, going to 9 rounds every match. I can take 4 of his Lightning Strikes before I am toast. Even being pretty even, I have to kite him, which is lame.

I have 11k armour, most of the attacks from other players in Melee just destroy me. I might need to find a better route than armour.

Just thought I would share.
MonstaMunch: "You're just jelly because you can't afford to mirror my rod. It's 100% reel."

GooberM: "How does that not warrant a good ol' stabby-stabby?"
Last edited by didevol on Nov 2, 2012, 1:47:02 PM
How about your resists, are they maxed ? Didn't have a chance to test out neither form of PVP yet, but I suppose you can bring resist rings with yourself and after the first round when you know what attacks/spells your opponent uses you can quickly swap around atleast a ring to have max resist against his strongest attack.
I think resists are the major weakness people aren't realizing. Definitely run Purity aura and get +5% to max resists if you can. Lightning Strike is converting half of the damage into lightning, so lightning resist will be way more effective than armor.
My Keystone Ideas: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/744282
I am 75% all resist, just the normal cap.

I will take a look at purity.
MonstaMunch: "You're just jelly because you can't afford to mirror my rod. It's 100% reel."

GooberM: "How does that not warrant a good ol' stabby-stabby?"
Last edited by didevol on Nov 1, 2012, 1:53:55 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info