Devouring Totem

Post your feedback for this skill here!

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.

GEMS COMING SOON
Balance & Design
Last bumped on Aug 27, 2021, 9:50:57 PM
I haven't tried this out yet, but I was wondering if it worked with the Ghost Reaver passive.
"
sharkh20 wrote:
I haven't tried this out yet, but I was wondering if it worked with the Ghost Reaver passive.

Yes it does, the Devouring Totem, leeches for you, so you will gain Energy Shield if you have the Ghost Reaver keystone.

I haven't found any of the new ones yet, but I don't really understand the difference between their older counterparts:

rejuvenation totem vs. devouring totem
conductivity et al. vs. elemental weakness

What exactly is the difference?
Underrated stats: Basic human decency, small quantum of respect, microportion of compassion
"
onomastikon wrote:
I haven't found any of the new ones yet, but I don't really understand the difference between their older counterparts:

rejuvenation totem vs. devouring totem
conductivity et al. vs. elemental weakness

What exactly is the difference?

well can't answer for the first comparison as no one linked the new totem. the rejuv is a flat regen listed however.

as for the three elemental res curses vs the all res curse. the all curse no longer has chance to proc status effects (burn shock and freeze), those are now separately on the three new curses of respective elements.
Unavailable
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
Where can we get this?
I find this skill awkward to use. It's less useful to keep your life topped off because it only eats corpses while you're at 100% life, which is a significant limitation without Vaal Pact. This also makes it useless for CI+GR builds, which I find strange because the skill was introduced soon after GR. Also, the fast casting speed makes it waste corpses, especially with two Devouring Totems.

The totem should eat corpses as long as it has line of sight to an enemy. It should cast more slowly while the player is at 100% life, but cast progressively faster as the player takes damage. This would be a more appropriate interaction with CI+GR than simply making the skill useless for those builds, and it would make multiple totems useful.

Thanks for reading.
The Amazon Basin: A Community of Friends Playing Games

http://www.theamazonbasin.com
If you have Ghost Reaver, it should be checking your ES rather than your life for fullness to determine whether to cast - if it's not that's a bug, but it seemed to work in testing.
It should never cast when your life (or ES if you have Ghost Reaver) is full, as you cannot possibly gain benefit from the leech then, so it would be wasting the corpses.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Nov 11, 2012, 10:23:09 PM
I can't level up the Devouring Totem anymore, always require one level above

Unavailable

I'm with Duelist lvl 40 with:
Intelligence: 59
Strength: 134
Dexterity: 99

Every time i level up the totem requires one level above!

e.g. Duelist lvl 39 totem req lvl 40, lvl up to 40 totem req lvl 41 without being leveled

After posting the item here on forum the totem appears with level 39, on game is at lvl41

UPDATE: I finally got the totem leveled, when i leveled up to 41, the totem finally appear with req lvl 39

UPDATE 2: The problem return, can't level up the totem again, i'm at lvl 42 now
Last edited by Generatorpt on Nov 14, 2012, 9:27:30 PM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info