28 lvl PVP

So far, I've crit with burning arrow on multiple different targets. None have survived. However, I've yet to face a Marauder and one of my opponents only had 500 max life, so... it's pretty tough to say. I'm pretty twinked, but I have a feeling this crit mult is out of control.

Though I have been beaten, not invincible, but this build feels really strong. I can use lightning arrow vs summons, burning arrow vs single targets. And if I randomly crit, you're done. I also have 5 diamond flasks, so if I hit each round with one, I win.

Just had a pretty intense 3v3 scenario. A lot of these maps make playing a ranger tough.

LordPerthorMordred has the right mixture of offense/defense, he's very hard for me to kill with regular attacks and he kills me very quickly, though I can one shot him if I crit. edit: He lived one of my crits, though I think it was one of the lower end crits, as I killed him from full with a second crit later on. He has 756 HP.
My Keystone Ideas: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/744282
Last edited by anubite on Oct 31, 2012, 9:57:52 PM
in the other thread you have 999% crit multiplier. yet from your items i have no idea how your are acheiving this... im confused.
"
stickman wrote:
in the other thread you have 999% crit multiplier. yet from your items i have no idea how your are acheiving this... im confused.

All my critical multiplier comes from a single support gem, my unique bow, and my passive skills. Do note that a 100% increase in critical multiplier actually works out to +150% multiplier. This is because 10% of the base multiplier (150) is 15. Don't worry, I was confused as hell too at first when I started playing around with multiplier.

But here's the full skill info

Without the bow and bow-specific critical multiplier passives, I have 315% critical multiplier
With the bow I have 840%, with the support gem I'm up to 999%

Thus, I'm currently at (1428 - 3656) total damage per critical strike before PVP damage adjustment and my opponent's defenses. So basically, on a good day, you need enormous damage reduction to live two hits. If your max life <500, there's probably no way in hell you'll live one shot you don't block or dodge/evade. However, it's pretty easy to get 750 life with trivial health investment on your gear/passives, and I think it's possible to live my lower-end critical strikes.
Last edited by anubite on Nov 1, 2012, 12:03:01 AM
how about my build?

1k dmg (not to mention crits)
70% block chance
30% dodge chance
1k hp
75% all resists

Any good? :)
For now, I met two people who had a better character/build than mine
a standard gs voll's baptism marauder, the dmg output is too much
an etheral knives witch, which works really well against mine, I was quite impressed by the dps
I think my templar is not bad, sometimes i one hit ppl with glacial hammer. But hm... i have to say 2h weapons are 100% useless, its impossible to catch someone cause the weapon is really slow, and u cant hit while running. Thats pretty annoying...
Played a few matches last night, it was a lot of fun. I just modified an existing character since things were reset and started doing it. unfortunately I didn't grab the hp reward as end game this characters was going to be CI. But I still have over 1k hp and it's a lot of fun although my damage is weak I attack fast.
"
anubite wrote:

Thus, I'm currently at (1428 - 3656) total damage per critical strike before PVP damage adjustment and my opponent's defenses. So basically, on a good day, you need enormous damage reduction to live two hits. If your max life <500, there's probably no way in hell you'll live one shot you don't block or dodge/evade. However, it's pretty easy to get 750 life with trivial health investment on your gear/passives, and I think it's possible to live my lower-end critical strikes.

I think that the only value that has a real importance is your dps..
Inside that number there's already your crit chance and crit multiplier, your attack speed and your accuracy..
You inflict a crit attack only 6,5 times on 100 arrows shot..very low probability (how many arrows one can fire in a pvp match? Not so many if you don't have a really high attack speed). If you sacrifice some of you crit mutilplier (maybe from 999% to 800%) but you double the crit chance (from 6,5% to 13%) you may exceed 750 dps and THAT is really dangerous in a 28lvl pvp (in my opinion)..
Moreover about 2/3 of your damage is elemental damage, so if you fight against a player that has high elemental resistance your dps is really really lower..

Wow I've just convinced myself that this pvp is sooo exciting and balanced ahahah!
In any case your pg is really impressive, very nice gear!I fear rangers..

Hey all,
I wanna give my two cents on lvl 28 1v1
Basically, I think that it will take very little time for the number of people like anubite to increase and soon after (especially once there're rewards) it will be a one-shot fest.

I'm sure lots of builds will manage to pull it off and things will become a matter of who gets the first shot off meaning latency can cost you the match sometimes.
Anubite, as we can all clearly see, has put a lot of time into getting the right links and getting the gear. I'm sure his char can be improved even more and one-shotting is going to start to occur.

Please consider that I've only spent several hours leveling this character and all the gear on it was simply stuff I could salvage from my legacy stash (I haven't spent any fusing orbs or such things trying to optimize it). I'm aware that the final dps could be increased by a lot.

Spoiler

TLDR: People will soon start to one-shot each other. Damage penalties in lvl28 PvP are needed.
"
I think that the only value that has a real importance is your dps..

The dps meter is not something you should ever pay attention to - it's deeply flawed.

"

You inflict a crit attack only 6,5 times on 100 arrows shot..very low probability (how many arrows one can fire in a pvp match? Not so many if you don't have a really high attack speed). If you sacrifice some of you crit mutilplier (maybe from 999% to 800%) but you double the crit chance (from 6,5% to 13%) you may exceed 750 dps and THAT is really dangerous in a 28lvl pvp (in my opinion)...

You're really exaggerating here. Yes, I could increase my crit chance if I gave up multiplier - but I couldn't double it, the most I could get is give up 3 points of critical multiplier (which is a lot, I'd lose a minimum of 50%) for a 90% critical strike chance increase - which isn't significant enough in my book.

My bulid is all about diamond flasks. There's no reason to get any significant amount of crit chance at level 28. It would help to have such crit chance, sure, but I'm not firing many arrows in a fight anyway. In-fact, in many fights, even the drawn out ones, I'm only fighting for less than 2 or 3 seconds - DPS doesn't matter at all in such cases, what matters is damage potential of each individual arrow. The closer I come to one shotting someone, the better. DPS is something you worry about for targets that are monsters.

Doubling my crit chance to 13%, even if I could do such a thing easily, in exchange for 50% crit mult - simply isn't worth it. So 13% of my shots crit? Big deal. I'll still mostly be using diamond flasks.

What's key to making this build work is

High critical multiplier
High added damage
High life
High evasion

Those are the four stats you should focus on.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info