Animate Weapon

Post your feedback for this skill here!

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Balance & Design
Last bumped on Dec 26, 2023, 1:33:55 PM
When this skill is bound to a mouse button you can have key pickup enabled and it works fine, When you bind it to a hotkey you have to disable key pickup to get the skill to work - Bug or feature?
*Now with added Kiwi*
(His name is Colin)
Skill info:

From what I can tell, you can only use AW on white items. Maybe they need to be identified first, I'll check later.

The item level restriction is annoying. Would be so much easier to use if it just scaled down the weapons to the max level allowed by AW.

Have yet to test if it's possible to use this skill on a totem, trap or mine.
IGN: Asser, AssDelver, Assphobic, AnointedAss, BetrayedByMyAss, CrackedAss, FracturedAss, FulcrumedUpMyAss, ImpaledAss, IncursionOfTheAss, WarForTheAss, UnleashTheAss, ScreamingAsshole, SwampAssKing, Yui
Skill is crap IMHO. Sacrifice a weapon for a 30 second minion? So not worth it.
"
Wooser69 wrote:
From what I can tell, you can only use AW on white items. Maybe they need to be identified first, I'll check later.

You can use it on any identified melee weapon of any rarity.
same name in-game
As Vermin mentioned, using key pickup prevents you from casting both Animate Weapon and Animate Guardian.

I hope this is not intended.
Last edited by VeryBrightLight on Oct 23, 2013, 11:16:50 PM
Please, make it supportable by spell totem (if it is not now) and make the skill ignore 6-socketed + 4-linked and above items.

This will be great.

PS: anyone tried it with spell totem?
Hateful post.
You can use the skill on hotkey with 'key pickup' enabled.

You hold the 'key pickup' button, mouseover the weapon and cast the skill.
The same works with Animate guardian.

I solved with 5 seconds after putting on the skill last night. Don't know why so many have problems with this.
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
"
Sneakypaw wrote:
You can use the skill on hotkey with 'key pickup' enabled.

You hold the 'key pickup' button, mouseover the weapon and cast the skill.
The same works with Animate guardian.

I solved with 5 seconds after putting on the skill last night. Don't know why so many have problems with this.

Because this only works if you bind it to a mouse button, or if you have key pickup as something else than Alt. If you have Alt pressed and try to use any keyboard shortcut, none of them will work. I used to have "stand still" thingie on Alt and I couldn't drink potions while doing that, so I eventually rebound it to space. It's a known long standing issue that they'll eventually fix I assume.

As for Animate Weapon, it seems a bit weird, might be good in a summoner spec though, convert all those trash white weapons into additional minions for "free".
it deals nice dmg (noticeable and free so both are good)

my gtipe with it is the dex requirement. most summoners are witches (and templars). both have hard time getting 100+ dex with classic gear.

quitr sad that animated skills are not int/str..

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info