Curse on Hit

I think it needs a buff. 47% chance just isn't enough for something that costs 2 slots. Should be 100%, or maybe made so that it can stack with other curses or something. I even paid for a 20/20 one to see but it's just not that useful. Casting curses is simple, easy, and fast and the utility from the gem (for example, casting with your movement skills) doesn't do a good job replacing it.

And a question: does having 2 of the same curse give me 2 separate rolls, increasing my chances?
Last edited by Mosho1 on Jan 15, 2014, 2:07:41 AM
"
Vipermagi wrote:
You don't have Curse on Hit linked, so I'm not surprised Curse on Hit doesn't do anything.

Yeah, i noticed it an hour after posting it ...

Everybody is a little retarded at some time
To be really usable this gem should not need to be linked with ur attack/spell skill but only to the curse, and still be applied on hit. It already has 2 downsides : not 100% chance to apply and the lost of the aoe , it's kinda useless if u also need to link it to ur attack.
Last edited by Yesu on Jan 25, 2014, 9:02:29 PM
one keystone is needed to make this gem useful and allow it to be effective with totems/traps.

shame on me I have 6 gems and only recently realized the useless gem CoH is.
It does not make any sense that Curse on Hit don't work with traps, I wanted to use it with Fire Trap.
I come up with 2 ways that make this gem viable.

1. It can be trigger with totem/trap. But will it be the second summon skeletons totem that all players should bring one. That's the question.

2. It can apply an additional curse to enemy which DON'T consume any curse count. It means that players can apply max 2 curse (one by direct cast and one by CoH) even if they can apply only one by direct cast.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Last edited by WillisTheWillis on Mar 9, 2014, 7:43:39 AM
"
Spysong192 wrote:
Does the curse happen after the hit_calculation before damage calculation or after everything happened on the hit/damage department?

Anyone know the answer to this? With the new Vulnerability/Elemental Weakness on Hit corrupted implicits this is a lot more relevant now.
Does this gem work with casting spells? The wording of it only specifies Hits which spells can do. I'm contemplating a Temp Chains + Cold Caster build.
"What is a strongbox? A miserable little pile of loot. But enough RNG, Have at you!"
I finally find one great use of this gem.

If you can apply two curses (no matter from passive or unique). You can link your curse like that.

You can apply two curses with only 6 mana cost!!! Lv1 Firestorm is the best skill the apply curse since it hits many times. Even if my curse on hit was just lv 1, it could almost apply two curses to everyone in the effected area. It performs even better for having quality due to more fireballs. By doing so, you can apply two curse at the same time with low mana cost and even better curse effect considering your curse on hit has quality. The great thing is that you can do that to apply curse even if you are dual totem user cause it's "on hit".

But the bad thing is most common curses are blue. That's mean you need 4 linked blue socket. It narrows you gear choice. And also, firestorm has a smaller area of effect than curses. It makes that link meaningless if you can't apply more that 1 curse or you CoH has no quality.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Last edited by WillisTheWillis on Mar 25, 2014, 10:24:13 PM
"
"
Spysong192 wrote:
Does the curse happen after the hit_calculation before damage calculation or after everything happened on the hit/damage department?

Anyone know the answer to this? With the new Vulnerability/Elemental Weakness on Hit corrupted implicits this is a lot more relevant now.

I'd like to know this too, is relevant also for my SA-CoH-projectile Weakness. If the curse is applied on hit, the SA should do more damage and have chanche to pierce.

Imho to improve it either the probability to apply the curse needs a big buff or the applied curse should not count for the max number of curses.
"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info