Build of the Week: Season 2 Episode 1

The animation of the eternal lab device looks very fancy...

And Chris you have a very professional speaker voice! :)

I would have expecpted "spectral throw" still a melee or a combination of projectile and melee.. Because it's only projectile you can not use the best support gems in the game on it including multistrike. This kinda makes it rather a spell like e.knifes like a real attack?!
E.knifes with a boomerang?! Or a rubber band. YOu do like rubber bands do you? :D
Ok it still depends on weapon damage but I dont see bit advanatge of that.

And if you want it you totally have to focus on projectile damage which limits use of a melee weapon char to only this attack...

IGN: “_THE__ROCK_”: level 92 melee ranger
>>>> Tougher than any Marauder, no silly walk or spinal injury and has pants <<<<

Other currently retired toons level 83-85 fitting the description above…
Last edited by Conan_xxx on Oct 18, 2013, 10:51:31 AM
"
MetapoliC wrote:
the new skill looks cool but I quit the game :P

you're still here
I'm not really impressed with the dynamics of the build, but the video showcases 1.0 very well.
"
Bendix wrote:
"
Archwizard wrote:
I really don't get all the bitching about life as it relates to this video.

Few things:
1. Lowest HP he went to was still over 1500, how is that almost dying?
2. Even when he hit that, he still had plenty of flask usage after recovering.
3. He didn't use the quicksilver flask or leap slam to get away, which he could have.
4. The map mods on the Museum map where that happened weren't shown.

Just enjoy the video, see what release plays like, stop whining. Damn.

Thats what I thought.

And he is only lvl 75 and the gear is ok but has no mana or life leech on it.
With a couple of more points he can get IR and some more life nodes.
He can also drop 1 aura and take grace for more defence.

he dropped instantly to 1500 from thrash mobs in lvl66 map

point is if these were rare mobs with 'inc phys and critical dmg' that char would be 1 shotted.

brutus.. yeah right

btw - this is not 'ok' gear. only belt is lacking HP (just 40) but jewelry is top tier and this gear is worth several ethernals

i know that mana shield + clarity means insane regen probably making small hits not an issue but big spikes - and these are the ONLY important hits - with small buffer == 1shot

i really hope that this has been filmed before life 'buff'. if not - there is not much hope. path of CI Scions is ahead of us.

anyone saying that it is just 74 so there is plenty of leveling. yeah right.. 5 more 6% life nodes will make that 3900 instead of 3500. not much of a difference sadly

"
"
lailaseth wrote:
"
Maethorr wrote:
well, of course the game is going to be hard, that is the entire draw of the game is that is difficult and getting perfect gear is a massive grind, but you see regular progress in gear and levels. That said this build was not very tanky at all and the items they were using was only about average for a life build nothing super good or expensive. That is nowhere near a GG 5link, it was average gear for someone at that level doing maps. The build was actually a bit less tanky than most people would build because it has so much travel so the build would not really be very good until you're level 80 so that could be a bit of it as well.

not gg items?
ring: triple resist + dual dmg mods + high hp
5L armor: 100hp, dual resist, good armor and es.
5L weapon: 349 p dps
boots: 30 ms, hp, dual resists + main stats

i can go on but i'll stop here. all his items are way above what a player with 4h of POE a day will have at lvl 75 starting a new league. and this guy has trouble with 66 maps. are you kidding me?

The person you replied to is right from my point of view. There were no uniques equipped and just about all the gear he had on can be attained if you really wanted it.

what are u smoking man? that tri resist ring alone is worth a couple of exalts. and in case you haven't noticed, he's not running Purity. this means that he can't really use uniques cause they lack resists+hp. if you use uniques, generally u're gonna have to use purity to compensate the lack of resists.
"
lailaseth wrote:

what are u smoking man? that tri resist ring alone is worth a couple of exalts. and in case you haven't noticed, he's not running Purity. this means that he can't really use uniques cause they lack resists+hp. if you use uniques, generally u're gonna have to use purity to compensate the lack of resists.

actually if you have reliable method of generating end charges it is a good substitute for purity - 5end charges == 20 all resist (plus other perks end charges provide)

trigger gem + end cry will revolutionalize end cry generation/upkeep same as end charge on melee stun did

so this point i think is moot.

but yes, that ring.. great item
"
sidtherat wrote:
"
Bendix wrote:
"
Archwizard wrote:
I really don't get all the bitching about life as it relates to this video.

Few things:
1. Lowest HP he went to was still over 1500, how is that almost dying?
2. Even when he hit that, he still had plenty of flask usage after recovering.
3. He didn't use the quicksilver flask or leap slam to get away, which he could have.
4. The map mods on the Museum map where that happened weren't shown.

Just enjoy the video, see what release plays like, stop whining. Damn.

Thats what I thought.

And he is only lvl 75 and the gear is ok but has no mana or life leech on it.
With a couple of more points he can get IR and some more life nodes.
He can also drop 1 aura and take grace for more defence.

he dropped instantly to 1500 from thrash mobs in lvl66 map

point is if these were rare mobs with 'inc phys and critical dmg' that char would be 1 shotted.

brutus.. yeah right

btw - this is not 'ok' gear. only belt is lacking HP (just 40) but jewelry is top tier and this gear is worth several ethernals

i know that mana shield + clarity means insane regen probably making small hits not an issue but big spikes - and these are the ONLY important hits - with small buffer == 1shot

i really hope that this has been filmed before life 'buff'. if not - there is not much hope. path of CI Scions is ahead of us.

anyone saying that it is just 74 so there is plenty of leveling. yeah right.. 5 more 6% life nodes will make that 3900 instead of 3500. not much of a difference sadly

You have a pretty messed up definition of instantly. He had plenty of time to react and survive. You are also assuming that he would have played the exact same way if facing a different group of monsters. You're also assuming that the same number of monsters that hit him would be present if they were rares.

He goes on to trash another group of monsters that includes at least one rare right after that with no problem.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
IMO: The survivability thing is probably because of the points used to get to Resolute Technique and Eldritch Battery. That spec would probably have about twice the survivability with Mana leech support gem and Iron Reflexes and Normal AR Gear . I cant really see the benefit of Eldritch Battery if you still end up running Clarity . he would probably be best served just using 2 Defensive Auras with EB and just 1 without.
This looks so fun, wow I'm excited! You have got my gears grinding in my head GGG!
From what could be seen, there is no cast time on triggered effects?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info