LOGIN: unexpected disconnection occured

hi all,

Haven't played in a week or 3, but when i try to log in now, i get to the character selection screen and pick my char, then it starts loading only to end up in the login screen again saying "an unexpected disconnection occured" in the lower left corner of the screen. I tried logging in the entire day, only the very first time something else happened: i got in the game but couldn't interact with any of the environment other than walking around and opening my inventory (items weren't clickable, as were npc's), then i got kicked out back to the login screen as well after 30 sec or so.

So anyone knows how to fix this, or is this probably temporary or what? Help would be much appreciated.

greets
IGN Mengoll
IGN Stoephoer
Hi there! Which gateway are you trying to use? Have you tried using any of the others?
No longer works at GGG
hey, it's automatically set to europe so i tried america. I managed to enter the actual game and got kicked out after 30 sec or so. I then set it back to europe and entered the game again succesfully, i could now even talk to an npc and managed to quickly open my stash, but then it didnt work any further and didn't even load the content of my stash and couldn't do anything more before i got kicked out 20 sec later. Entered europe directly after and couldn't do anything. Probably next time i won't even enter the game but get kicked back to the login screen once i selected my char.

So in short, changing to another gateway seemed to help for a sec, but now im back to start anyway :(.
IGN Mengoll
IGN Stoephoer
Hmmmm, okay. What kind of internet connection are you running? Do you run over a regular broadband/cable connect, or are you running through a public network like a dormitory? Are your running on a wireless network, or wired?

If it's wireless, I recommend connecting via a wired network for a bit to see if that helps at all.
No longer works at GGG
Can you post a WinMTR report that is capturing when you're experiencing issues. Make sure it's capturing first, then let it run while you're experiencing issues. Once that issue has been fully captured, post the results and we can take a look.

Also, what Vic says.

Instructions for the WinMTR can be found linked in the Consolidated Technical sticky post at the top of this forum.
Hmm just logged in today, and everything seemed to work fine (except for laggy reactions). After an hour or so playing fine i wanted to switch char, so went back to login screen and logged on again to pick my other char, then i got the same problem as yesterday again: no interaction with environment possible untill i got kicked out of the game 20 sec or so later . . . :(
IGN Mengoll
IGN Stoephoer
We can't help you if you don't help us. Can you answer the questions that Victoria posted, and provide a winmtr like I asked for?
Last time this problem just disappeared over time. But its back now since yesterday already . . . .

After selecting the character it starts loading only to return to the login screen while saying in the lower left of the screen: "An unexpected disconnection occured"

crap :( . . .
IGN Mengoll
IGN Stoephoer
Last edited by HerrFlickk on Dec 3, 2013, 11:52:41 AM
And we still can't help you without more information. Refer to my prior posts.
Hello there!
I experience the same problems. I installed the game two times on steam and have now downloaded it directly from pathofexile.com

I can play barely a minute or not at all, bevor i can neither use objects nor damage enemies. Then it disonnects with the message: "An unexpected disconnection occurred."

My connection is over cable and a wired one. I can play other games(Battelfield 4) and browse the internet without issues.
I use the european gateway and switching to different ones didn't solved the problem.

WinMTr showed the follwing with "EU.login.pathofexile.com" as host.

|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| WinMTR statistics |
| Host - % | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |
|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|
| No response from host - 100 | 353 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 |
|37.58.67.210-static.reverse.softlayer.com - 0 | 352 | 352 | 27 | 39 | 328 | 32 |
|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|
WinMTR - 0.8. Copyleft @2000-2002 Vasile Laurentiu Stanimir ( stanimir@cr.nivis.com )

Thank you in advance.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info