Have few complains for game, dev pls fix

"
crazytrain411 wrote:
sorry my englesh no so good

it ok i speke good englesh

"
crazytrain411 wrote:
why diable so better than this game?

yea D1 best game, but perfection copyrited so...

"
crazytrain411 wrote:
why no u fix desync?

no u

"
crazytrain411 wrote:
why kaom still in game?

cos noone kill him yet

"
crazytrain411 wrote:
why no u wipe game en releasd?

wipe whole game... then none cn play? no no no, need players 2 buy chips

"
crazytrain411 wrote:
why shavron have low ES?

ES too low, she killed by brutus. you u cn be too

"
crazytrain411 wrote:
why no MF drops more items?

mervel, brutus, peity... plenty muthafuckers drop more items. stop farming basic mobs

"
crazytrain411 wrote:
why u no make orbs that can use?

we try but too hard. orbs that use themselves bad idea, randomly change gear in middle of fight = bad tiems.
Code warrior
Well, this post made my day.
"
marremurt wrote:
Actually even me believe it were funny of your reply, Rhys.

But im not sure someone working for GGG should make fun of people with bad English, it does actually make me wonder, do you take your job professionally?
as was pointed out as the start of the thread, the person in question speaks (or at least writes) perfectly good English in their other posts on the forums - this was clearly not a person who has trouble with the language, but someone pretending as such in order to troll.

While we do have many users who have difficulty with English, we do our best to accommodate them and answer their questions. This, however, was not such a person.
Guys, guys... just chill.

I wasn't making fun of ESL people.
I wasn't making fun of "minorities".
I clearly wasn't making a politically-correct, customer support spiel.

I was just poking fun at an intentionally illiterate post that summarized the most common complaints about the game - issues which have been answered seriously elsewhere on the forum many, many times.

I am very sorry if I have offended anyone with my post, or made them feel uncomfortable. I honestly thought it was totally obvious that the OP wasn't being serious, so I responded in kind. That's all.

Regarding the "professional" behaviour of staff (including myself), on the whole we are. Just look at our post histories. At my post history. The customer support guys & gals follow a stricter standard than the devs, but no-one actively insults our players.

Also, we aren't trying to be super-serious about everything. We don't enforce strict rules on how to talk to to players. We don't only speak in a formal, so-PC-it-hurts monotone. We're gamers, too. We like to relax and chat with players, to joke, swear, and even troll the community from time to time. It's actually a part of our business strategy: we don't want to be yet another monolithic, faceless corporation that shits out a slurry of brown first-person-shooters. We're indie, and we do what we want, not some dark, looming publisher. We're making the game we want to play, and we hope others do, too.

Yes, GGG has grown a ton since I joined a bit over 5 years ago, when it was just 5-6 of us in Chris' garage, tripping over cables and reheating baked-beans for lunch. Now, we have an office. Three offices, even. And a customer support department. What? When did that happen? It's almost like we're a legitimate business or something. But we're still the same people. We still horse around, play games (POE and others), have dinner/lunch together, go out for a movie or board-game night... it's really a fun place to work!

If I were sitting somewhere in a sterile cubicle, toiling away for some giant machine of a company, without any opportunity to interact with the community, with no chance of accidentally insulting someone like a real person would, well... fuck that.

/rant.
Code warrior

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info