0.9.12s Patch Notes

Looking good. Open beta is so close, I can taste it.
"
Zakaluka wrote:
"
indczn wrote:
I dont get the eth knives buff at all...

I'm fairly certain EK is intended to be very cheap to build into. Come to this conclusion by just noting that there are only two specific passive types that buff it: %spelldam and %cast speed. Also think of other types of mods you can stack on gear to buff EK. Again, you'll come to %spelldam and %cast speed. No %IPD, nothing.

Basically, a hybrid shadow (not a caster shadow mind) should be able to make EK passable with a minimum point investment, and also without going full into crit.

Since witches have so many reasons to pick an elemental AoE instead, buff EK and all we'll see is more hybrid melee shadows. I think this fits the intent of the spell's design.

Your acuity genuinely scares me sometimes.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
Sairven wrote:
"
indczn wrote:

They nerfed its quality bonus the other day:

"
Ethereal Knives: From 1% projectile damage per quality point to 0.5%.

ble duelist with nothing but life/defense passives and ethereal knives (faster projectiles/faster cast) and bear trap with hatred. I didn't even need to use added

So I guess this, in a way, makes the 10% projectile damage "loss" at 20% quality kinda moot as the 10% will all ready be incorporated into the skill as normal, right?

Damage has never been the issue with ethereal knives, quality or not. The issue is that the skill is completely unfunctional at low levels due to mana cost/cast rate/projectile speed. It scales very well, as all the supports are % based.
"
polar77rulz wrote:
I am a Lightning Witch and I suck at surviving :)

Good patch tho...

I hear ya man, died on hardcore as a Lightning Witch as 45ish at Ruthless Pyramid. Having to get close to enemies to reliably do damage via spark/nova got me freeze locked by cold skellies :(

Then again, I probably should have just tried to position better, or better yet, not have gone into that room at all.

Irregardless, I would LOVE to have a farther ranged spell for lightning.
Last edited by Waves_blade on Oct 10, 2012, 7:26:43 PM
I think Arc will fill the hole for a targeted lightning spell.
Can't enter Western forest through portal
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/53265/page/1/
"
Zakaluka wrote:
"
indczn wrote:

edit: someone reminded me that generic projectile damage works too. I think my point still stands.

I'm fairly certain EK is intended to be very cheap to build into. Come to this conclusion by just noting that there are only two specific passive types that buff it: %spelldam and %cast speed. Also think of other types of mods you can stack on gear to buff EK. Again, you'll come to %spelldam and %cast speed. No %IPD, nothing.

Basically, a hybrid shadow (not a caster shadow mind) should be able to make EK passable with a minimum point investment, and also without going full into crit.

Since witches have so many reasons to pick an elemental AoE instead, buff EK and all we'll see is more hybrid melee shadows. I think this fits the intent of the spell's design.

Unless there's something that makes it anti-caster by design, it has to be buffed with casters in mind. The damage that you can get on it is pretty obscene since Added Fire and Hatred scale it up.

That being said, as long as *MP+FP exists, no other spells have to worry about being used too much. :(
Love love love the death announcements
"
Chris wrote:
Version 0.9.12s
  • In Hardcore leagues, deaths of the top 15 ladder characters are now announced to the whole league.
Panda, Please verify
"
Kemichal wrote:
Can't enter Western forest through portal
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/53265/page/1/

Will be fixed in 0.9.12t soon.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info