PVP rules?

Should we allow players to switch gear while in arena PVP? This would potentially mean everyone worth their salt would carry 2 of every resist ring on them and swap them out while in combat. If they're really quick, they could even carry another weapon, or a different set of aromr to counter specific builds as they'r recognized.

It would certainly take a lot of quick movement and analysis to pull off, but at least in the case of resist rings, I could see it as a prevalent thing players do.
My Keystone Ideas: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/744282
"
anubite wrote:
Should we allow players to switch gear while in arena PVP? This would potentially mean everyone worth their salt would carry 2 of every resist ring on them and swap them out while in combat. If they're really quick, they could even carry another weapon, or a different set of aromr to counter specific builds as they'r recognized.

It would certainly take a lot of quick movement and analysis to pull off, but at least in the case of resist rings, I could see it as a prevalent thing players do.

I don't think anyone is going to be stoppedd from accessing their inventory during PVP. I imagine (depends on arena) you'd have to be pretty quick to no lose any position while swapping gear.
In the interest of fun, I hope not.

Having to carry several sets of gear, and then keep swapping and counter-swapping during PvP doesn't sound fun.

Imagine your opponent is using Lightning damage - so you switch to your Light Resist gear. He switches to fire damage, you switch to fire resist. Etc, etc. A non-stop cycle of people switching gear mid-match to counter each other.

Without the ability to swap gear, people will just have to play with a well balanced build/gear-set, and come with a balanced team composition.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info