What's happening when Anarchy/Onslaught leagues end?

"
Miszou wrote:
"
TheWretch wrote:
that's not content.

He seems happy enough to me.

he's miserable, look again.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
sidtherat wrote:
if not having legacy items means that at the begining you are already waaaaaay behind people that have them - people wont be very thrilled to play new leagues. why gimp yourself?

Were you dropped on your head as a child?

The legacy items won't be in the new leagues. All that junk will float down to standard league. If you don't want to be part of it, play one of the other leagues - just as GGG intended.

"
sidtherat wrote:
yes, you can play new leagues - but these are (probably) boring as fuck.

"Probably"? Maybe you don't have a clue yet, since they haven't even been announced.
[Hardcore] Soldiers of the Wasteland - sotwguild.com
-------------------------
Skill Resets are the last refuge of the weak and incompetent.
"
Miszou wrote:
"
sidtherat wrote:
if not having legacy items means that at the begining you are already waaaaaay behind people that have them - people wont be very thrilled to play new leagues. why gimp yourself?

Were you dropped on your head as a child?

The legacy items won't be in the new leagues. All that junk will float down to standard league. If you don't want to be part of it, play one of the other leagues - just as GGG intended.

"
sidtherat wrote:
yes, you can play new leagues - but these are (probably) boring as fuck.

"Probably"? Maybe you don't have a clue yet, since they haven't even been announced.

blaaabla bla bla

previous leagues were boring as fuck - one had unbalanced rogues that could be unkillable at certain places/with certain builds, the other one made desync even more fun and alt-f4 even more a required skill

ggg doesnt have the balls to introduce self-found league, they dont have the balls to introduce perma-descent, they dont have the balls to create something different that "one semi-standard + one-semi hardcore". where only reason to play were: new economy and few nice new items (i think that league-only amulets were amazingly well designed). ladder? who gives a fuck if he is 18504 or 19403? to place around the top you have to have even less life than kripp (and/or do account sharing)

looking at all race mods used so far it seems that creativity in this area is lacking. and it would be something surprising if they had created completely new, untested leagues for 4 months. more importantly - months where d3ex will be launched (probably) - so a big gamble
"
Berskerker wrote:
@GGG (a couple of things people seem to agree on)
You should not remove new league uniques save for maybe 1 or 2 specific to a certain reoccurring league maybe, and that there is really no reason to keep legacy items in games, either you change all of the items or do not change them at all.

This being said, in the current state of this game the last thing you need to do is nerf life builds again. If Kaoms needs to be changed, it honestly needs to be buffed because as the "best" chest for HP characters it still lacks in comparison to less expensive ES chests with high resists on them, and that's before you consider the fact that they can be six link. This means that not only is a Kaoms worse for overall survivability than ES chests, but it is also more boring due to the fact that you cant fit in a lot of interesting or effective skills once you are out a 6Link.(this forces you to either use a 2 handed weapon with your Kaoms, or put your main attack into a 4L item which is another terrible drawback to the Kaoms) As a Melee life build, I still believe that the "melee buff patch" that was released was an CI buff once everything was said and done(they lost considerably less of their pool than life, and I lost actual and maximum resists). The Aura fix was something that needed to happen, but that also weakened all life builds a TREMENDOUS amount. I went from about 16k dps to around 11k.(6Link lioneyes RoA) keep in mind this also did nothing to CI builds. The nerf to iron reflexes was another very large nerf to most life builds. This also did not affect CI builds. BEFORE all of these things happened CI and ES was considered preferable to life I do not think CI needs to be nerfed. I just think you need to realize that if you want to nerf kaoms which is obviously a nerf to only life based builds, you need to give it something else to compensate, like resists or sockets, and/or just fix life itself it is already underpowered it needs buffs not nerfs.

-Hopefully you will consider these facts and take a different approach to life adjustments because I believe you are losing players because of it, as a player using a Kaoms, Prism guardian(for 7 auras) a Soul Taker and a Thunder-Fist for my main attack and vry good rares I know there is basically no gear in the game that can get you comparable to the better CI or Shav Gear sets. Thank you for your consideration

This guy here, is amongst the only ones making sense. Most everyone else is poor ingame and crying about the fact items that are already too far from attainable to you are now going to be pushed even further away. If my first observation isn't the case, its just senseless sheepish bitching. Play the new leagues, start with a fresh economy with fresh items and work your way up just like everyone else has. Everything in this game is attainable, everything. I run 10magic find...ya 10, not even by choice and I play solo. It just happens to be on my ring. I've found Lionseye bows a Soul taker and many other items that are worth alot. Not to mention currency rates and accessibility, you can turn any turd into a gold nugget if you cared to put forth the effort. It would be more of a "fuck you" to destroy an item thats not even op in the first place in comparison to something like Shavronnes that allows you limitless build benefits with 0 draw backs. An item you worked your ass off to get just so you can make an hp build that pales in comparison to a cookie cutter ci caster on the cheap, or a rich Shavs build. Let the old ones stay uneffected, nerf the new ones. If you had a Kaoms or any other item thats at risk of being nerfed...would you still be crying? As for the Anarch/Ons uniques, I think we should be able to find those in standard/hardcore. Let the new leagues introduce new uniques. Legacy uniques aren't anymore insulting to a new player then a guy having a rare item with godlike mods that you or even I will ever get. Plus...why the hell does it even matter? Youre a new player, grind the game a bit. No one wiped my butt cheeks when I started. Its not like you can't get a legacy unique in time. RNG, embrace it...get lucky, craft,horde,play the game. This game of all games is the most leniant when it comes to getting good stuff and not making you feel underpowered or useless.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
Last edited by MullaXul on Sep 23, 2013, 3:03:36 PM
"
All of the games content must be 100% accessible at any time, no matter when you started.

Apparently thats not the case looking at all the bads whining about how builds and maps are inaccessible.
"
Miszou wrote:

Make up your mind... first you say the tree was balanced around Kaoms, then you say that people with Kaoms didn't even notice...

As long as the life nodes are percentage boosts, your assertion makes no sense at all since Kaoms will always be a huge relative increase.

I don't think you thought your cunning argument all the way through...

There is nothing wrong with my argument. The life nodes were rebalanced with Koams in mind and the people with Koams barely noticed and were still overpowered after the balance pass. Also, the people without Koams were the hardest hit and as a result were pushed to go CI. This is all true. What's also true is that with the life nodes being percentage based, Koams will always be overpowered, or as you put it, a huge relative increase, which makes my point: the item is broken, not the passive tree, which is why GGG's attempt at balancing the item via the passive tree failed and that GGG needs to address the broken items by rebalancing the items themselves.

The interaction of Engery Shield nodes with rares that have high rolls of both +ES and %ES have the same problem as the Life node interaction with Koams. The Energy Shield nodes took a hit because of this, and again, the problem wasn't the passive nodes, it's the items. The life and energy shield nodes are perfectly fine for everything other than these overpowered items.
"
nynyny wrote:
"
All of the games content must be 100% accessible at any time, no matter when you started.

Apparently thats not the case looking at all the bads whining about how builds and maps are inaccessible.

What does accessible mean? It is within reach or are you expecting to be able to do 77 maps as soon as beat piety on merciless?
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
More 4 month leagues? UGH! Way too long....
Keep fucking with peoples builds, making the game increasing harder to get into, creating a void in gear stats.

Thanks for all the fish.
Hey GGG,

I want to interupt the discussion for another question, and it's even on topic:
Do we get some kind of awards ceremony? At least a forums post talking about the ladder leaders at the end, who was the first to achievy certain goals etc.?
Will we get something like that for the race seasons? Because, I was kind of bummed after last season. It just ended. No anouncement, no winners, not prizes awarded or something. Had to go to the forums and look stuff up. Not very convenient, and nothing to remember either.

That beeing said: What about forum titles or an awards tag on the profile page accessible for all? For people to be able to show off a bit?
- Best dressed in Wraeclast
- Race season x overall leader
- Most races won in season x
Stuff like that. Would be more rewarding than most of the uniques and would cost GGG nothing and would not even devalue items.
Also: What about a Hall of Fame?

Sincerely, Teardrop.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info