Really want more active skill hotkeys

Is there a reason that active skill hotkeys are limited to QWERT and mouse? I'm more than curious. You have an excellent system here, which encourages flexibility, and it is a lot of fun to be able to play classes which can use so many skills. We can have so many skills at once -- why limit us to 7 in game?
Thank you.
Underrated stats: Basic human decency, small quantum of respect, microportion of compassion
"
onomastikon wrote:
Is there a reason that active skill hotkeys are limited to QWERT and mouse? I'm more than curious. You have an excellent system here, which encourages flexibility, and it is a lot of fun to be able to play classes which can use so many skills. We can have so many skills at once -- why limit us to 7 in game?
Thank you.

Get rid of Default Attack nub, that will make it 8.
Yes, I did do that, but I don't really have a middle mouse button, and that also leaves me spending mana with my default click.
I meant: Let us use the F1-F12 keys, or use the ASDFG keys for potions (if we want to configure it that way) and 1-9 keys in addition.
Is that difficult to program? Does that massivly go against the manifesto or the dream of the developers or the consensus of the community?
Underrated stats: Basic human decency, small quantum of respect, microportion of compassion
I also would like more hotkeys. I feel extremely limited, and I constantly have to swap out skills to cast auras.
That is part of the point of the whole system, to make you make choices on what to use skill wise. If you have unlimited hotkeys for skills, then you have no limits to skills outside of sockets on your items. This way, you have to choose what you use, how it gets augmented, and those are legitimate choices that have impact.
8 or 9 is enough imo. i didnt have problems so far
from 0.10.0 patch notes: "Fixed a bug where you could add Piety to your friends list." xD
Personally, I never need more than 8 hot keys cus sockets just don't allow it. If you run auras you can activate one, switch it to a diff aura and activate that one as well. Auras don't have to be on your hokey for it to be in effect.
we don't need MORE hotkeys, we just need customizable ones.
I would like more as well. Anytime you have to manually change your skill hotkeys with the mouse to utilize your build, that is kind of garbage.
This is especially true of aura heavy builds.
Hopefully they allow a few more in the future, even the addition of 3 or 4 more would be nice. The ability to rebind the middle mouse button would also be good, and innate support for mouse 4-5.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
I have only one question - how to turn off the F1 information? I want to place a buff skill there, but every time I do so, the info about my latency etc comes to the screen
Last edited by cagecreed on Sep 29, 2012, 5:02:53 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info