frame rate, frame time spikes.

I launched path of exile today and was greeted with a very choppy game compared to what I'm used to at 38 frames on max settings. Now don't get me wrong its playable but compared to my previous 150~ frames at idle, its a bit of a drop. I lowered my anti-aliasing down to zero and tried playing a bit at around 200 frames at idle, in combat I get frame dips down to 55 (with extra gore) I'm also getting a whole lot of micro stutter and it makes the game feel very choppy and is otherwise just irritating. This started today for seemingly no reason. I tested out a few other games (Splinter Cell, Farcry 3 and STALKER Call of Pripyat) and the framerate was just as good as it should've been.
My specs are:

Intel core i7 3770k @ 4.3ghz
AMD Radeon HD7950
Asrock z77 pro 3 motherboard
16gbs patriot viper 3 @2133mhz
booting the game from a seagate barracude 7200 rpm 2tb drive.

I don't think it's a hardware issue because it ran it all perfectly just yesterday. I can't recall what my average frametime was before I had these issues but now it's spiking up to 250~
and I'm not too sure if thats what it should be, but I'm almost certain that it's too high.
My catalyst drivers are all up to date to the newest drivers, I updated to the beta drivers when path of exile stopped running quite so smoothly and it didn't seem to affect it at all.
Attached are a few pictures of the graphs that seem to indicate somethings wrong.

If you need more information I'll be monitoring the thread pretty much all day.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info