CI in depth

when using CI how would you avoid viper strike?
You don't have to, you're immune to chaos damage. It won't hurt you.
viper strike is chaos? oh didn't know
"In depth" titled topic about an arguably OP mechanic of the game = one question....

???
Alteration Orb Union Local #7
I'll smash your nose with 20 Alterations before I'll sell them for 1 lousy Chaos. 16:1. No questions.
"
Shippal wrote:
"In depth" titled topic about an arguably OP mechanic of the game = one question....

???
What about life regen? My 10k ES Bow Templar has FAR less survivability than my 3k life regen Duelist. Why is that? Because CI isn't OP.

In depth version:

Want to stay frozen forever? Play CI.

Want to stay stun locked at high levels? Play CI.

Want to not be able to sustain a fight for an extended period of time? Play CI.

Want to watch helplessly as your puncture wound eats away at the last bit of life you have without having a flask to save you? Play CI.

Want to hit a flask and steadily (or instantly!) recover your defensive wall? Don't play CI.

CI is cheap defense (requires few passive nodes), it has a few advantages, like recovering automatically and avoiding chaos damage, but the disadvantages are there. Damage reduction is non existent. Avoiding stuns is non existent.

Switching to/from life regen always reminds me which one is better...
How Fusings Work: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/38585/page/3#p1451934

IGN: TheHammer
Last edited by TehHammer on Sep 18, 2012, 12:59:31 AM
well i'm playing CI with high evasion and block along with granite flasks and the evasion flasks, and ES regen and ES leech, I feel like the 8k ES is better than the 2k life on a shadow
why are you more in stunlock with CI then without it?

why are you frozen more often?

dont understand, please explain!
The threshold and duration for stuns and freezes are taken from the life you would have without CI, which in most cases will be very low.
Last edited by Victo on Sep 18, 2012, 4:28:51 AM
"
TehHammer wrote:
"
Shippal wrote:

???
What about life regen? My 10k ES Bow Templar has FAR less survivability than my 3k life regen Duelist. Why is that? Because CI isn't OP.

In depth version:

Want to stay frozen forever? Play CI.

Want to stay stun locked at high levels? Play CI.

Want to not be able to sustain a fight for an extended period of time? Play CI.

Want to watch helplessly as your puncture wound eats away at the last bit of life you have without having a flask to save you? Play CI.

Want to hit a flask and steadily (or instantly!) recover your defensive wall? Don't play CI.

CI is cheap defense (requires few passive nodes), it has a few advantages, like recovering automatically and avoiding chaos damage, but the disadvantages are there. Damage reduction is non existent. Avoiding stuns is non existent.

Switching to/from life regen always reminds me which one is better...

Avoiding stuns isn't that problematic IIRC, since you get at least the 50% chance to avoid stun...
Proud 5th duelist in the Jul 1 2012 Ladder Race and in the Nov 3 2012 Solo Turbo Race :D
And even prouder 4th Templar in the Nov 10 Four-hour Party Hardcore Race :P
Current OB success:
top 20 Ranger in 105 Minute Turbo Solo (S4E9)
"
TehHammer wrote:
*snip*

Not gonna argue with you over whether CI is or is not OP here. That's why I put the word arguably in my previous comment. My comment above was more directed at the fact that the thread creator was calling this thread "in depth"... which was, at best, a misnomer.
Alteration Orb Union Local #7
I'll smash your nose with 20 Alterations before I'll sell them for 1 lousy Chaos. 16:1. No questions.
Last edited by Shippal on Sep 18, 2012, 7:36:22 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info