Radeon mobile + Intel 4000 switchable graphics problems

Hi heres the solution to your problem with the radeon mobility cards

-When in Catalyst Control Centre use the 'standard view' (click preferences in the top right corner of the catalyst window)

-Select switchable graphics method

-Choose the option 'Select the graphics processor manually or based on power source' and click apply

-The screen will go black and flicker and this should sort the problem, it should now be viewable in Path of Exile

DONT DO THIS WHILE PoE IS RUNNING! only do it when it, or any other program including internet browsers are closed as they will either become unresponsive or not work properly.

Boot up PoE and viola smooth gaming!

And a big thank you to the PoE makers for this uber fantastic "what Diablo 3 should have been like" game, the fact thats its free is phenomenal. I hope this fix saves the devs a bit of time and helps others play this great game :)

Please add more acts, we all need more =D

Much love from Finland
Hello everyone.

Intel 4000 + AMD HD 7730 - same problem. And the Catalyst control center doesn't have the option to manually select the graphic processor.
Just installed AMD Catalyst™ 13.2 Beta Driver with the same result. :(

Cheers.
Also still got that Problem with HD 7970M...

Damn lags when i play in party.. it sucks =/
InGame: Seuchenvogel
Hi

I've been working out to solve this problem on Inspiron as well. After a 3 weeks including contacting with Dell support, installing amd drivers, 'leshcatlabs' drivers I decide to get rid of Lenovo and any switchable like laptop's. Well switchable graphic works fine for any game i use to play except poe. You can not force in BIOS to use AMD graphic because there is no option in BIOS to choose graphic. Support will tell you everything to install : newest drivers, update BIOS and so on - it's all bollocks.
Problem is that everythins passing through Intel graphic

Try to ask or find at least one person who uses Intel/AMD graphic with success...
I'm about to give this switchable card graphic laptop to my wife to buy one with dedicated graphic card to avoid switching graphics.

Regards

Some few links that could ( i doubt it ) help you:

http://leshcatlabs.net/
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c03048374&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en#N625

Regards
I have Inspiron 7520. I solved the problem with video cards forcing the game run on my Intel 4000 video card (I did this in Catalyst Control Center). The game is running smoothly in higher settings.
Hello, i may have found a fix. Try this, it should work with 14.4 or 14.9 drivers. Test it and report back please!
--please delete, necro'd like a meanie, sorry! --
Last edited by ayashi on May 9, 2017, 12:38:18 PM
"
ayashi wrote:
Sorry to necro this

No excuse for an almost 3 year old necro, for a post that started BEFORE the official launch of PoE. -_-

Just start a new thread next time.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info