:;()$&@"\The Anime Pub/:;()$&@"

"
鬼殺し wrote:
So that damn Castlevania turned out a lot better than it had any right to be, but bless you Netflix for allowing me to watch it in Japanese if I want.

...a few voices were better but overall the choice of 'real' actors rather than mostly dire American voice actors was a good move. McTavish sidestepped a trashy, cliched Dracula very nicely, and James Callis as a growly, sinister, distinctly not-Gaius-Baltar Alucard was also great.

Thoroughly enjoyed it, never played any of the games either so i didn't have that detracting from anything.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Gave Centaur no Nayami a try and it looks like a decent show to watch to pass the time.

Fate Apoc is already starting to pick up the pace with some info dump and some actions near the end of episode 2. I think it is going to be 24-25 episodes long by the looks of how the series is pacing and from previous Fate series all going 25 episodes.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Jul 11, 2017, 1:10:50 AM
"
鬼殺し wrote:
update: the fansub for Fate/A has been vastly improved. Apparently a group called UTW are taking charge. Thank god. I'll be watching for their work.

edit: Unlimited Translation Works. Oh, yeah. Ooookay.

The group has been around since like late 2009 and subbed a lot of anime shows throughout the years, but the whole "UTW" came from the idea of subbing UBW one day and they did. Of course, the group dropped off the map for about a year after one of the founders retired I think.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Jul 11, 2017, 10:24:18 PM
Just finished castlvania... Loved it.
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
Katsugeki Touken Ranbu looks like a very decent series and with ufotable doing their things to make it as appealing as possible.
- raics, 06.08.2016

"
鬼殺し wrote:
Kill la Kill, finally.

I feel about this show the way the GF felt about Little Witch Academia. I was good with LWA but it didn't really push my buttons (we've only done the first cour because fuckyounetflix) but Kill la Kill is so chock-full of awesome puns, FLCL-style madness and, of course, SCHOOL BATTLES...that I'm all over it.

They hype surrounding it around its launch was over the top, something along the lines of it's the next gurren lagann and it's old school awesome.
It was all right, pretty funny especial Mako (now a meme) and the whole nudist beach thing.

Didn't quite live up to the hype though.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on Jul 15, 2017, 6:17:06 AM
I watched Kizumonogatari III two or so days ago. It was a rather sad thing to watch in the end (the story, not the quality), didn't quite expect that. Well, at least I'm ready now for Owarimonogatari part 2 which is supposed to come out some time soon.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
"
I feel about this show the way the GF felt about Little Witch Academia. I was good with LWA but it didn't really push my buttons (we've only done the first cour because fuckyounetflix) but Kill la Kill is so chock-full of awesome puns, FLCL-style madness and, of course, SCHOOL BATTLES...that I'm all over it.

I'm really enjoying rewatching LWA, I first saw it when living in Morioka.

I don't know if it's been mentioned on this thread yet, but FLCL is getting 2 new seasons.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-03-24/toonami-to-co-produce-2-new-flcl-seasons/.100222
Just finished hamatora season one. I have to say, in and on itself that ending is the absolute worst. Heck, it's almost school days or mirai nikki without ova levels of awful. Then I watched season 2 episode 1 and it got slightly better, but still.

PS: I prefer the colourful style of the first season over the more realistic and far darker one of the second season. Dunno why. Maybe cause colours.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
Code Geass is definitely one of my favourite Anime.

I also recently finished watching Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z, slowly working on the movies now.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info