:;()$&@"\The Anime Pub/:;()$&@"

"I'll have a V vodka please...."

Would it be so wrong of me to tell you it's my first time watching Naruto, and now I'm on a binge? It's so good... I'm starting to run like a shinobi,
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
Not sure if anyone has been watching Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu, but the latest episode, episode 15, was just simply incredible. Been years (at least 2 or 3 years) since I seen an anime show that has made feel like I am in a roller coaster ride. So far episode 15 really went beyond that I can imagine. The ending of the latest episode made me think **** is about to get real.

How I am going to be like when the series ends since I feel this going to get even better...

Spoiler

Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Jul 13, 2016, 1:46:53 AM
"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
Not sure if anyone has been watching Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu, but the latest episode, episode 15, was just simply incredible. Been years (at least 2 or 3 years) since I seen an anime show that has made feel like I am in a roller coaster ride. So far episode 15 really went beyond that I can imagine. The ending of the latest episode made me think **** is about to get real.

How I am going to be like when the series ends since I feel this going to get even better...

Spoiler

It got off to a shaky start i thought, but it progressively gets more brutal and the MC has changed quite a bit since the start.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
"
JohnNamikaze wrote:

Spoiler

It got off to a shaky start i thought, but it progressively gets more brutal and the MC has changed quite a bit since the start.

It's glorious in a rather brutal way.

Really loving the rollercoaster of emotions implanted in the MC from the "side characters" and the wind up of stress for him.

One of the top releases currently imo.

Peace,

-Boem-

edit : this and boku no hero academia are definitely the best watches from spring 2016

edit 2 : another recommendation for you people, if you have not seen it yet is "plastic memories" awesome show.
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last edited by Boem on Jul 13, 2016, 6:30:47 AM
"
Boem wrote:

It's glorious in a rather brutal way.

Really loving the rollercoaster of emotions implanted in the MC from the "side characters" and the wind up of stress for him.

One of the top releases currently imo.

Peace,

-Boem-

edit : this and boku no hero academia are definitely the best watches from spring 2016

edit 2 : another recommendation for you people, if you have not seen it yet is "plastic memories" awesome show.

Personally my favorite anime show of the year with JoJo:Diamond up there too. Since I have not read the LN (light novel) of the series, I rather not spoil myself for the anime version since it has been getting better and better.

As for Boku no Hero Academia, I am glad it is getting a 2nd season since I liked the series too, though not to the extent of Re:Zero and Diamond which I feel hyped up every week.

As for Plastic Memories, man that series made me shed tears, especially the last couple episodes of the series. I felt the series was underrated in the sense it had more potentials, but being squeezed into one season can do that to you.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Today i recommend hitsugi no chaika to all anime fans out there.

If you have not seen it, give it a go, definitely worth the time so far.(half-way season 2 atm)

"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
As for Plastic Memories, man that series made me shed tears, especially the last couple episodes of the series. I felt the series was underrated in the sense it had more potentials, but being squeezed into one season can do that to you.

The last few episodes where brutal to the feels. That ferris wheel moment.... i get emo just thinking about it. The show ended, MC smiling and going strong, me heartbroken in my room q.q

The whole build up was marvelous though in my opinion, not a single episode bored me and a lot of them hit right in the feeler. Really a very solid watch for people that haven't.

Peace,

-Boem-
"
Boem wrote:
"
JohnNamikaze wrote:

The last few episodes where brutal to the feels. That ferris wheel moment.... i get emo just thinking about it. The show ended, MC smiling and going strong, me heartbroken in my room q.q

The whole build up was marvelous though in my opinion, not a single episode bored me and a lot of them hit right in the feeler. Really a very solid watch for people that haven't.

Peace,

-Boem-

That show's ending hit me like a truck. A rocket propelled truck. Three times as big as a normal one. The entire show somewhat reminded me of angel beats. The major difference being that angel beats has some major twists in it while in plastic memories you know what will happen. You know it, can't do anything about it, you're NOT prepared and it hits you a lot harder.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
^It's the hope man, that hope that you cling to for a miraculous ending, contradicting the entire show.

You know it's wrong, it wouldn't make any sense, but you still secretly wish for it. And you keep banking on it right until that very crushing end.

That beautiful, endearing, oh so bitter-sweet end.

Peace,

-Boem-
Plastic memories was good, got a good laugh from it to.
http://i.imgur.com/dJnF752.mp4

Re Zero, still fucking brutal.

And the new Berserk, just start getting into it then the 3d modelling/animation rears it's ugly head.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
berzerk is a mixed bag.

on 1 hand the animation style with 3d models makes some things seem ore fluid and animated (the human characters look great) but on the other hand it just looks ugly in some critical aspects.. especially the non human looking monsters.. oh they look terrible with the big lumpy polygons

the evil tree's were bad

I am also a little sad that they are skipping whole story arcs from the manga.
Admittedly the pikraf ark is pretty sick and twisted. but i would have been nice to see gutts get his gear from the smith dude (unless that was in a movie i missed o.o)

The pacing of episodes 1 and 2 were good , but episode 3 was just all sorts of weird like the studio is trying really hard but failing to properly convey the broad strokes the manga had for those scenes.

Re Zero is pretty good , but i do wish they didnt hit the reset button so many times in a row.
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Jul 25, 2016, 9:47:37 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info