:;()$&@"\The Anime Pub/:;()$&@"

"
FCK42 wrote:
"
solwitch wrote:
Thank you, I am definitely looking into them. I can guarantee I’m not aware of the studio, but pretty sure I’ve seen thier creations.

Let's see... what are some of the more visually impressive ones they made...

Ufotable:
They manage to blend 2D and 3D to an insane degree, so much so they the two sometimes become indistinguishable from each other. The Fate main series, UBW is usually used as the primary example. The heaven's feel movies are absolutely amazing.
Their most recent work is Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba. If you want some more traditional animation, try the Fate cooking spinoff (I know how stupid this sounds, but please, trust me), Emiya-san Chi no Kyou no Gohan.
Apart from Demon Slayer, Fate and Kara no Kyoukai, they haven't done a whole lot, but they sure nailed those.

Kyoani:
Incredibly high consistent quality, just about EVERYTHING about their shows looks great.
Violet Evergarden, Hyouka, Hibike Euphonium... they have a lot of really good ones, though in terms of visuals it should be one of those three. Proooobably Violet Evergarden. Or the movie A silent voice.
Overall, Kyoani works just ooze quality. I hope they will be able to recover from the fire... they are one of the most amazing studios Japan has in a lot of different ways.

Bones:
Straight up solid animation throughout entire series with some amazing Sakuga moments, they also cover a lot of different art styles.
Boku no Hero Academia and Mob Psycho 100 are probably their most well-known works these days, though their best series overall is probably still FMA Brotherhood. As for movies, I'd say go with Sword of the Stranger. If you haven't seen it yet, it's amazing. The fight choreography is absolutely brilliant in this one.
Then again you can't really go wrong with anything bones.

Shaft:
This is an odd one. While their quality certainly is amazing, this studio always brings it's own... style (for a lack of a better word) into the productions, it's difficult to describe. If you've seen a couple things they made, you can FEEL when something was made by them.
Their most well-known work is the Monogatari series. That probably also shows best what I mentioned before. Other than that, Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica and 3-Gatsu no Lion, both of which are absolutely amazing for completely different reasons.
Shaft's style can be hit or miss, but it's definitely good quality. Most of the time at least.

Madhouse:
I completely forgot to mention them and that's an almost unforgivable offense on my part. They are absolute Sakuga geniuses. When it comes to that, I'm not sure any of the aforementioned studios could beat them. They have an incredible lineup of good shows, both old and new... Sora yori mo Tooi Basho, One Punch Man, Hunter x Hunter (2011), No Game No Life, Chiharafuru, Death Parade... and that's just SOME of their series. Their movies are equally impressive, things like Wolf Children, Tokyo Godfathers and Summer Wars.
I don't think I'v ever seen a series or film by Madhouse that was not at the very least well animated. Had I mentioned all their good works, I probably would've hit the character limit. They have made a lot (and I mean a LOT) of good shows and movies.

List deserves an applause, thank you. I have screen-shotted incase you decide to delete account, lol.
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
Lately I’ve been dispassionate about the Anime I’ve been watching... My amygdala isn’t being rubbed hard enough. I need this damn spell to ward off...

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
"
solwitch wrote:
Lately I’ve been dispassionate about the Anime I’ve been watching... My amygdala isn’t being rubbed hard enough. I need this damn spell to ward off...

Try Eizouken. It's one of those that just started airing, but it already looks absolutely amazing.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
"
FCK42 wrote:
"
solwitch wrote:

Try Eizouken. It's one of those that just started airing, but it already looks absolutely amazing.

Brilliant thank you...

I got to see "Weathering with you" in the cinema today... it was amazing. Shinkai did it once again, good story, fantastic soundtrack and breathtaking visuals... yet I felt like something was missing that was supposed to be there. There were so many themes that were left unexplored, I almost wish we could get a movie from him that primarily focuses on all the supernatural/fantastic elements in his films and goes into a bit more detail about those. Still, it's a brilliant movie overall.

If you get the chance, watch this movie. On the biggest screen available with sound as good as possible. It's worth it.

PS: Is he trying to make some sort of Shinkai cinematic universe?? It almost feels that way... Makoto Shinkai's Avengers coming soon? :P
His problem is the story, same as in kiminonawa. he should just hire another person to give him a framework that is not so basically standard as he builds it. His character building is fine, and his skills as a director superb, but as a writer? na.

Next movie that's coming is finally made in abyss! god i hope it will run in a cinema in my country. That's one movie i wouldn't want to pirate. Additionally the second season is also confirmed :)

Further on movies, i would like to see the shirobako movie, but that genre is so small outside japan i will see it when blue rays come out. same with the last hibike! movie (which can now be found on the more unsavory sites, blue ray release for my continent is still far away... )
Current Build: Penance Brand
God build?! https://pobb.in/bO32dZtLjji5
"
tsunamikun wrote:
His problem is the story, same as in kiminonawa. he should just hire another person to give him a framework that is not so basically standard as he builds it. His character building is fine, and his skills as a director superb, but as a writer? na.

Again, I feel like there was supposed to be more story, but the movie would've gotten too long.
Weathering with you spoiler territory
one great example of that are those mysterious creatures that look like fishes, whales etc. At some point they felt like they would be a really big plot point, but in the end they got almost completely ignored. Another thing would be the escape from heaven. It felt rushed somehow. In that regard it feels similar to Taki not getting nearly as much screen time as Mitsuha in Your Name. It was supposed to be different, but they couldn't fit it in anymore.
If you don't do it already watch Kyokou Suiri. It's hilarious, and has actually a halfway believable romance.
Current Build: Penance Brand
God build?! https://pobb.in/bO32dZtLjji5
Oh, I'm watching it. Have been ever since it started, it's going to get even better, though I hope that a certain arc won't be dragged out quite as long as in the manga... though I somewhat doubt that.

Magia Record was fantastic today. We got to see some more background for our main characters, got even more mystery regarding Ui and got to hear Credens Justitiam again (I absolutely love that theme, it's among my all time favourite ost titles).
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info