:;()$&@"\The Anime Pub/:;()$&@"

I may or may not give it a try in the future once I caught up with some of my backlog at least (ahahahahaHAHAHAHA as if that's ever going to happen), but I'm usually not all that into the dark stuff. It's not that I can't stomach it (honestly, it's fairly difficult to find something I ACTUALLY can't stomach. Unless it's psychological horror, screw that), I just prefer my entertainment more lighthearted. We already have more than enough dark stuff going on in the real world these days, I don't need that when watching anime aswell.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
I don't really like dark stuff, there are not that many shows which doesn't annoy me. Most western series currently come up with convoluted schemes or nonsensical character traits to produce drama... I still blame walking dead/GoT for that.

Babylon is not dark at the beginning, it's more like a thriller. And this kind of "dark" that comes for you is still almost exclusive to anime. The show was on my to watch list as soon as it was announced. It quite rare that an actual seinen gets an anime.
Current Build: Penance Brand
God build?! https://pobb.in/bO32dZtLjji5
Last edited by tsunamikun on Nov 22, 2019, 7:00:10 AM
Those were some really awesome action scenes in the latest episode of fate/babylonia... really good stuff. I'm surprised by how easily understandable they made that series... considering it's the 7th (I think?) story of the mobile game. No Caster Gil this episode though, which is kinda sad, but oh well.
"
FCK42 wrote:
Those were some really awesome action scenes in the latest episode of fate/babylonia... really good stuff. I'm surprised by how easily understandable they made that series... considering it's the 7th (I think?) story of the mobile game. No Caster Gil this episode though, which is kinda sad, but oh well.
F/B was a visual feast this week. It has been pretty much all along.

Spoiler
To put it mildly, things do not look particularly good for humanity at this point.

Also, the torture scene at the end of the episode was fairly brief. But, it didn't really need to be there, I think, or it could at least have been toned down.

I watch anime for fun, like FCK42, and torture scenes are never on my "want to watch list."
Now that prestige classes will finally leave lab in 4.0, will GGG get it right this time or will they find new ways to repeat old mistakes?
Everyone watches the things he want to watch for fun, at least hopefully :)
But there are different types of fun.
And nobody watches a series because of "one" scene. You watch it because it sounds interesting and keeps to hold that interest.

Spoiler
if you meant babylon: the scene was necessary as without it the viewer would not understand either characters and what they will do from there. It wasn't actually showing much cruelty, the viewer just knows it happened. The despair he felt will fuel his next decisions, without knowing what happened the viewer wouldn't understand the scope of his feelings
Current Build: Penance Brand
God build?! https://pobb.in/bO32dZtLjji5
I was responding to FCK42 and referring to Fate / Babylonia, rather than Babylon (confusing name overlap, I think).

I tried Babylon and followed it for a few episodes, at which point I decided to focus on lighter anime instead, at least for now. I'm not saying it's badly done as in fact it looks very thoughtfully put together. But, it's the kind of anime I need to be in a certain mindset to enjoy and that's not where I am these days.
Now that prestige classes will finally leave lab in 4.0, will GGG get it right this time or will they find new ways to repeat old mistakes?
I couldn't stop laughing at the later seasons of sailor moon... Did a different studio take over? It was all boobs and ass transformations. Also the Godzilla anime was decent, I was a bit surprised... Netflix is really spoiling me with anime; so is hulu.
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
Last edited by solwitch on Nov 26, 2019, 1:58:49 AM
"
tsunamikun wrote:
I don't really like dark stuff, there are not that many shows which doesn't annoy me. Most western series currently come up with convoluted schemes or nonsensical character traits to produce drama... I still blame walking dead/GoT for that.

Babylon is not dark at the beginning, it's more like a thriller. And this kind of "dark" that comes for you is still almost exclusive to anime. The show was on my to watch list as soon as it was announced. It quite rare that an actual seinen gets an anime.

I would go so far as to put it in the same category as something like Psycho Pass, but with a more political philosophical theme, rather than philosophy + action/cop drama.

It asks you a great question, whether the right to choose to die should be legal and also plays with what politics can do against someone who doesn't actively tell people to kill themself, yet somehow manages to incite people to commit suicide.

It's a very dark theme, but very much in line with the times, as it is still a taboo for many countries, many religions and societies, yet very much something that should probably be more on the agenda.

Just to be clear, I'm not advocating suicide, merely saying, that it is a topic, that probably needs more room than it gets, as many are even afraid of talking about it, yet it is something that happens everyday, somewhere in the world.
Seems like I missed last week's Fire Force episode... well, it allowed me to watch two great episodes back-to-back, so it's fine. Those were some REALLY damn good fight scenes there. Maki vs Flail was just straight up savage, more brutal than any fight they've had so far and finally a good example of how powerful she really is. If things were halfway realistic (I know they aren't, thanks for reminding me), then except for maybe one person, all her enemies from that fight would be dead now... easily one of the most terrifying members of the 8th.
Anyone take advantage of Cyber Monday? I purchased the majority of Ghibli studio movies and trying to figure out which version of Apocrypha to buy. Supposedly theres a huge sound difference... Anyone know what the best version is? Happy holidays everyone :)
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
Last edited by solwitch on Dec 17, 2019, 4:49:27 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info