:;()$&@"\The Anime Pub/:;()$&@"

@Charan: I read about the Kenshin OVA series, and the two reasons I didn't watch either was 1) didn't really like the animation style, 2) watching the second OVA would most certainly enrage me. Kenshin has changed for the better, fighting to protect the peace and sworn off on killing people. It's a happy end, and I like happy endings as sappy that may seem.

I treat Lupin III like Doraemon, and watch the anniversary TV-Special/Movie/OVA rather than the actual series. I get more satisfaction out it. And you're right, while Castle of Cagliostro was a good movie, I wasn't as impressed by it as some other movies that really showcase the heart Lupin III, which is Lupin III going off stealing stuff while being a gentleman and sticking by his principles and comrades. (Fujiko is the exception because she's Fujiko, the quintessential Femme Fatale.)

Gainax has had an interesting anime record, and that's understating it. I really liked Panty and Stocking, had a real blast with that series that's really reminiscent of American cartoons. (On purpose obviously) Kare Kano I've never watched, but it's somewhere on my hard drive waiting to be watched.

@JohnNamikaze and Magnetic_n0rth: I watched Wolf's Rain.... and was unsatisfied with it, even mad at the ending. The exposition for starters didn't really made much sense to me, and compound that with an equally unsatisfying ending made it worse. I'm sure a lot of the symbolism and allegories went over my head (it's been years since I watched it), but that's how I felt at the time. The fact that the anime itself couldn't finish the story arc and required the OVAs to do so is a sign of studio mismanagement of the plot development. I had no problem with the animation, music, or character development, but the plot didn't grab me.

Also the anime greatly veers from the manga (only 2 volumes), so maybe I'll get a better experience with reading the manga.

For Ranger build tips, tactics, and critiques, visit this thread:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/69224
Last edited by Islidox on Sep 26, 2013, 1:00:33 PM
Speaking of Lupin III, I'm super hyped about the upcoming Lupin III vs Detective Conan movie.

And something for the videogame fans, a Bayonetta movie is also being released - I'm watching this for the pl0x.

:3
This marks the end of the Summer season and Spring season shows. Certain notable series:

- Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan)
- Uchoten Kazoku
- Servant x Service
- To Aru Kagaku no Railgun S
- Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince
- Gin no Saji
- Hataraku Maou-sama
- Suisei no Gargantia

First showing of the fall season episodes will air tomorrow - hella pumped!

More info here: http://randomc.net/2013/09/18/fall-2013-preview/
_______

Also wanted to bring up something else. After watching Attack on Titan, I loved the soundtrack/OST it featured. After some research, I realized that it was done by Hiroyuki Sawano, a sorta newcomer in the anime OST scene but quite accomplished in the movie/live-action area. After listening to it, I realized it bared similarities to Guilty Crown's OST, and lo and behold, Sawano is my new favorite composer. He makes some really killer tracks that really gets the viewer hyped. While I wouldn't put him on a genius level like Yoko Kanno, he's approaching that level at such a young age (33).

More info here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hiroyuki_Sawano

Also the other person to note is the powerful vocalist backing him up on a good portion of his OSTs - Kobayashi Mika. As soon as I heard the Bios soundtrack play in episode 1 of Guilty Crown, I fell in love her singing. I mean shit, I haven't heard such powerful vocals since angela (lower-case a) or even Yoko Takahashi (Cruel Angel Thesis from NGE). Listening to her gives me the chills - I tremble before her vocal might. (No seriously I do get the chills.) Also from episode 24 of Attack on Titan, when Eren transforms into his titan form, the vocal timing from Mika was epic beyond belief.

Some more info here: http://myanimelist.net/people/18019/Mika_Kobayashi

ət'æk 0N tάɪtn song from Attack on Titan (2:24 for epic vocals)

Bios song from Guilty Crown

Youtube Search Link for Mika

Discuss favorite anime artists!
Last edited by Islidox on Oct 1, 2013, 11:12:10 AM
Well i'm out and i've just finished [C]-control. Very good and underrated for some obvious reason.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness.
May those who defy their fate be granted glory."

Edel
First anime I watched was Ninja Scroll which still remains the favorite. Started the Berserk Manga (as it was highly popular in those days) and liked it till the eclipse. The first anime series of Berserk was not upto par and now the whole (or some part) saga is being aired in 1.5 hr videos which are pretty good.

I would recommend Ninja Scroll (has some nudity).
IGN: SedQ
Sed's Stun Log: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/686396
Last edited by RandomByte on Oct 2, 2013, 12:44:49 AM
Anyone know where I can download K-On! ?
I've checked all of the sites I would normally download it from, but have not found anything. Please, browser is giving me headaches. Thanks ~ Frosty.
I've been watching these lately and a bunch of other releases.
-Kill La Kill
-Log Horizon
-Kakumei Valvrave

What have you guys been watching?
"
Just finished a two day session of Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt, having acquired it on bluray for a good price.

My god. A dirtier anime I've not seen, and that's including the likes of Urotsukidouji and La Blue Girl. But it's so funny, and so brilliant. Definitely up there with Excel Saga.

Next, Elfen Lied just arrived on blu, and the girl hasn't seen that.

I look forward to her dismay and despair.

Elfen lied was an amazing show! Once you get over the fact the girls are 13-16? and ignore that the story is great, and the action is on par.

Also why has no one mentioned Berserk? The anime was amazing and the manga was even better!

My favorite Anime so far has been Claymore, I've seen many other's but can't find any that can compare to it.

S-cry-ed, Gundoms, Elfen lied, Samuri X/Kenshin, Bleach, Death note, Akira, FMA/Brotherhood, Hunter X Hunter ( currently watching ). I have seen many more I just suck with names and don't remember them unless I see it.

Anyone know of any other's that might interest me?

I like sci-fy, lot's of blood and gore, dark story lines, good character development, lot's of action.
Twitch.tv/Nithryok
Last edited by Nithryok on Nov 24, 2013, 2:20:59 PM
to the top!
Twitch.tv/Nithryok
Nice Threat!!!

- last anime i saw was "5mm per second" -> beautiful
- one of the best anime/mangas i read -> Full Metal Alchemist ... just amazing no words

My favorite Mangas i read regular:
- Berserk
- One Piece
- Vinland Saga

What blew my mind was Full Metal Alchemist ... it is a masterpiece, just amazing ...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info