Multiple lvl 20 Reduced Mana gems required

Is it true that now every time you change zone you have to recast all the auras
or alternatively have multiple reduced mana gems equipped in all the slots with auras ?
Last edited by fraz81 on Aug 16, 2013, 11:41:20 AM
If you want to keep exploiting, you will have to recast auras, yes. You'll also need a free red slot linked to your Auras anyways to socket the Reduced Mana, so might as well just grab a second one.
Are you talking about this?

"Fixed a bug where auras would not update when you changed area with a different aura level and setup than that which you cast the aura with."

I understood that as not having to do with Reduced Mana and moving the Reduced Mana Gem after casting but instead it is talking about the exploit where u can cast a level 20 aura, replace the item with another item with the exact same socket arrangement but instead having a low level gem in the same socket. Previously, you would still retain the level 20 cast (or higher if the item had +level in it, which is where this becomes very powerful) but have a lower level gem in the sockets. Now, you'll have to recast it when you enter a new area, preventing this exploit. Basically it's fixing this exploit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6MzzwAGWIk (about 1:35)

Am I not correct?
My name is Statik and I'm an Altaholic. I need to make new builds. Just for try for see and for know.
Last edited by StatiK_TactiK on Aug 16, 2013, 12:26:43 PM
I'm talking about the normal reduced mana you usually support you aura with.
Now you can have only 1 reduced mana , cast all the auras with it , ad example 3 on your boots + 1 reduced mana socket (red) , take this reduced mana gem on your gloves and cast the remaining three auras.
After patch , when you change zone , you will loose the reduced mana effect on the first 3 auras (on your boots in my example).

I have to level 2 additional reduced mana to 20 to avoid recasting em everytime i change zone. (i use 7 auras)
This is the note i'm talking about :

"Fixed a bug where auras would not update when you changed area with a different aura level and setup than that which you cast the aura with."

and also this quote from "mark"

"When you change areas and your auras are put back on your character, they will exist based on the current state of the aura skill - the effect of all the stats in the aura, the amount reserved, and what resources is reserved, will all set to correct values based on the state of the skill at that time.

We're looking into options for how we can make these things also happen at the time the changes are made, if you're not in town, but for now they'll only be when you change areas - don't expect that to last forever."
Last edited by fraz81 on Aug 16, 2013, 12:45:13 PM
"
fraz81 wrote:
I'm talking about the normal reduced mana you usually support you aura with.
Now you can have only 1 reduced mana , cast all the auras with it , ad example 3 on your boots + 1 reduced mana socket (red) , take this reduced mana gem on your gloves and cast the remaining three auras.
After patch , when you change zone , you will loose the reduced mana effect on the first 3 auras (on your boots in my example).

I have to level 2 additional reduced mana to 20 to avoid recasting em everytime i change zone. (i use 7 auras)
This is the note i'm talking about :

and also this quote from "mark"

"When you change areas and your auras are put back on your character, they will exist based on the current state of the aura skill - the effect of all the stats in the aura, the amount reserved, and what resources is reserved, will all set to correct values based on the state of the skill at that time.

We're looking into options for how we can make these things also happen at the time the changes are made, if you're not in town, but for now they'll only be when you change areas - don't expect that to last forever."

AFAIK the patch is addressing item swapping and auras. I doubt it has anything to do with the support gems. If that were the case GGG could have just implemented it so that auras turn off when a gem is removed.
Last edited by BackwoodsS on Aug 16, 2013, 12:50:27 PM
Mark said , "amount reserved" also.
For percentage auras the only modifier to "amount reserved" is given by reduced mana gem. (and talents , but they are out of the context if we exclude regretting a talent everytime)
Last edited by fraz81 on Aug 16, 2013, 12:53:44 PM
Yes your options are recast (expect that to no longer be an option in the near future) or have everything gemmed in place.
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
"
Autocthon wrote:
Yes your options are recast (expect that to no longer be an option in the near future) or have everything gemmed in place.

This is not what GGG has said from what I have read and is not what they are trying to fix. I have am wrong please quote source. They are trying to stop item swapping and keeping auras that benefit from items that are no longer being worn. They have never said anything about having to keep all your support gems in place. It is possible that this will be the case but I have seen no reason to believe so.
read the post: It will now check current gear (which includes supports implicitly) when yo uchange zones and modifies accordingly. It specifically mentions mana cost IIRC
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
Having a confirmation would be nice, as i should be leveleving 2 more reduced in the weekend.
In the meantime, i'm leveling them.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info